• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would YOU buff Incineroar?

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
How would you buff Incineroar to make him a better character/more functioning one without breaking him?

Here's a couple of changes that I would love to see for Incineroar that would greatly improve his quality of life and/or performance in neutral, etc.

- Grab: as the slowest and most defining character in the roster of the archetype "grappler", I think Incineroar's grab game needs some improvements.

* Increased grab range: slightly or moderately increase Incineroar's standing grab and pivot grab range.

* Reduced endlag: very slightly reduce the endlag of Incineroar's standard grab.

* Lowered knockback angle on back throw / Increased launching power.

- Normal Attacks

* Forward Air: increased size on the sweetspot hitbox/change to allow the sweetspot to have priority over the sourspot.

* Back Air: increased size on the sweetspot hitbox/change to allow the sweetspot to have priority over the sourspot. Slight increase to launching power, reduced landing lag.

- Special Attacks

* Darkest Lariat (Neutral B): change to reduce the endlag when hitting an opponent/invincibility frames when used in the air.

* Revenge (Down B): Increased duration of the attack when successfully using Revenge and/or add intengibility frames for the entire animation Incineroar cannot act out of when successfully using revenge.

Thanks for reading! I think these few changes aren't impossible and that if SOMEHOW all of these come true, Incineroar will truly be the scariest character in the game.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I think the only way to make Incineroar even close to viable would be to increase his overrall movement speed or give him a way to actually deal with projectiles. His buttons are already very fantastic and making them better won't really solve his problems of getting in or getting back to the stage. They made Ganon terrifying in this game(at least when you're in disadvantage and he isn't..) yet he's still low tier because they didn't do anything to fix his biggest problems i.e, combo food, horrifically bad recovery, no way to approach zoners(even though he canonically has a projectile and a reflector of his own..).

Edit: Revenge not being removed by being grabbed would actually be very helpful and I didn't consider that originally until melto suggested it. I dont know why Hero gets a permanent revenge boost in Psyche Up on command, while Incineroar needs two good reads and needs to avoid getting grabbed to even make use of it.

Last edited:

melto

Smash Rookie
I agree with Broom.
Here is what i would do to make him more competitive:

Incineroar changes 5.0.0
- Run Speed from 1.18 -> 1.3 (Slightly slower than Ganon)

- Revenge (Down-B)

.When Revenge is triggered run speed and air speed are x1.1 faster

A slight run speed buff, and another with revenge to help against the projectiles.

Also big dream but I would love :
.Revenge can't be removed by being grabbed

- Down Air

. Reduced lag by 3~4 frames

Or reducing ending lag or aerials

What do you think about that?

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I like Incineroar being as slow as he is, I'm not gonna ask for a lot of buffs but at least I want to safely do Revenge :/
And buff f-air.
That's all, I love Inci and even if they nerf him to the ground I would still play him, I found my main since day 1 and I'm happy for that.

Gattsu

Smash Rookie
NNID
despiarinducing
Run Speed buffs is all he'd truly need to have some sick set ups

Pushing it but I'd like the sweet spot on bair to be bigger as well because it's a lottery whether you get the sweet or sourspot currently

Doppelotter

Smash Rookie
Really the only buff I want from him (and for most counters....) is for Revenge to negate multi-hitting projectiles instead of letting them continue

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Improve his grab speed/range, give him some semblance of running speed and fix Cross Chop (more upward movement, longer horizontal range for better all-around recovery) and I'd be a happy customer. The rest of the Heel's moves are great as is.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Without giving him too much, I feel just a movement buff is what he needs the absolute most (Movement/Airspeed). He struggles to close gaps and is prone to circle camping shenanigans. His buttons, in general, are some of the best I've seen a heavy get. I suppose a grab range buff (Or even end lag reduction) would be helpful. Though giving him too much would sort of tip him too far one way and I already have to deal with salty sandras whenever I win with him so...making him capable of even high tier would just make playing him more frustrating due to salt.

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
All it really needs is buff on grab range and throw knockback. Incineroar is pretty much a grappler anyways, they just need to commit to that.

melto

Smash Rookie
All it really needs is buff on grab range and throw knockback. Incineroar is pretty much a grappler anyways, they just need to commit to that.
True, also a bit of grab speed.
Grab with him is trash due to his speed.

More run speed, more grab speed, more grab range...

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Not really a buff but speaking of gameplay changes, I would love if the victory screen had the Masked Royal at hist side

... or Ash too since he has it now, but that would be overkill since Pikachu and co would have it too and we never got the anime content byond trophy descriptions I think

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Giving Alolan Whip super armor on the dash portion of the move and/or giving Darkest Lariat faster movement speed and less endlag could help a lot in dealing with zoners, and I don't think it would break him. He has ways to "deal" with projectiles, but nothing actually helps him approach zoners. Match-ups like Samus and Simon would still be difficult, but not practically an instant loss like they are now. Right now his only option besides shield is to jump in and possibly get anti-aired or whiff punished a hundred times.

Last edited:

AstralSoul64

Smash Rookie
Cross Chop easily aimable even when in mid-air, sometimes I find myself trying to recover off stage but am facing the wrong way and fall to my death. (if this is already possible then I must be missing something)

His run speed a bit faster, naturally

Revenge increasing his run speed would be great as well

Increased grab range

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Better grab range would be great.

I'd love to see either a speed increase, or Alolan Whip travel further. AW works well as a distance closer and helps make his poor speed less of a problem, but it is often that you try to use it to close gaps, only to just barely whiff the attack and eat a big punish. Would help his recovery a lot, too.

Better knockback growth on back throw and bair. You're probably thinking "Are you nuts? Incineroar has one of the strongest back throws in the game!" but I've seen a set where back throw didn't kill Inkling at 100ish. It was fresh, and while not right at ledge, it was maybe a unit away. On PS2. And in that same set, bair failed to kill from PS2-platform-to-nearest-ledge length at 140. I understand that Incin's knockback growth is low to help keep Revenge in check, but these are too low. Alternatively, Revenge could be made more difficult to remove. Either have it increase Incineroar's stats, making him much tougher to run away from, or have it no longer go away upon getting thrown.

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a personal Incineroar player, butt I know quite a few people who do and I play with them often. One thing that I would see as scary good on Incineroar is tough guy. It would make up for his lack of speed and make a slow walk toward you all the more terrifying.

Other than that, you could buff his up-b. I don't mean vertically, though. If Nintendo decided to give him more maneuverability on the descent, his recovery could be a little less linear which he needs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mobility would probably come to mind on my end. It's very baffling that Incineroar is a slower walker than even Melee Bowser.
  • Walk Speed: 0.75
  • Run Speed: 1.35
  • Air Speed: 0.9
Keep in mind that Incineroar would still be among the least mobile fighters in the game, but it would at least be able to run fast enough to keep up with Yoshi's air speed, or Falco's walk speed.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
-Attributes

Walk speed increased (0.62 → 0.92)

Initial Dash speed increased (1.716 → 1.85)

Dash speed increased (1.18 → 1.4)

Air speed increased (0.88 → 0.95)

Incineroar can now wall jump.

-Jab

Hit 3 knockback increased (60 KBG → 80)

-Forward Smash

Sweetspot now has the Flame effect.

-Grabs

Standing Grab start up decreased (frame 8 → 7)

Standing Grab endlag decreased (FAF 38 → 34)

Dash Grab endlag decreased (FAF 46 → 40)

Pivot Grab start up decreased (frame 13 → 10)

Pivot Grab endlag decreased (FAF 44 → 37)

-Forward Throw

Now has the Flame effect.

Knockback increased (52 KBG → 60)

-Back Throw

-Up Throw

-Neutral Air

Auto-cancel window improved, now auto-cancels on Short Hop. (36> → 26>)

Landing lag decreased (11 frames → 9).

-Forward & Back Air

Auto-cancel window improved, now auto-cancels on Short Hop. (46>/36> → 26>)

Landing lag decreased (14/11 frames → 10).

-Up Air

Longer active hitbox (frames 7-11 → 6-12)., fix blindspots.

-Down Air

Sweetspot now has the Flame effect.

Auto-cancel window improved, now auto-cancels on Short Hop. (45> → 26>)

Landing lag decreased (16 frames → 14)

-Up Special | Cross Chop

Falling hitbox knockback increased (54 KBG → 60)

Last edited:

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
Make his walking speed somewhat faster and up his grabs to ridiculous levels of reach, I want the mental image of an angry tiger creature walking up to the other fighters in order to supplex them

Top Bottom