• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would guys feel about Smash characters being in a traditional crossover fighting game, like the Marvel vs Capcom series?

D

Deleted member

If we get a game where you can crossover the Fantastic Four, Samus Aran, Crash Bandicoot and Godzilla, i would be too happy.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd prefer SvJ: Smash vs Jump. That way, Goku fans can finally see Goku in Smash, and I wouldn't be against the idea of non-game characters being put in. I mean, playing as Gintoki or a JoJo would be pretty awesome. Of course, it'd have to play like a Smash game, not a traditional fighting game, I think. Otherwise, it's just Nintendo vs Jump.

I can imagine something like this happening. Final DLC character of Ultimate has been out for months, maybe a couple of years, and then a Nintendo Direct ends with a silhouette of Goku, before he transports to being next to Bayonetta/Bowser/Kirby, and then an SvJ logo showing up as you hear him yell kamehameha in the background. That'd make everyone freak out, and then, the reveal of it being a new crossover (crossover) game would have the worried people (like myself) relieved, and probably excited too.

As long as it plays a bit differently to Ultimate, and doesn't have third-party characters like Cloud, Snake, etc., to keep the focus on Nintendo vs Jump.

It would inevitably have less characters than Ultimate, and if it also played differently (maybe more fast, like Melee), Ultimate would definitely be able to survive alongside it.

As to whether this would happen on the same console as another existing Smash, I'm not sure, but I think that'd be preferable.

Obviously, it won't happen, though.
I've wanted Nintendo Vs. Jump for years. Just seems like a no brainer. Both companies own roughly 3/4 of the most globally popular Japanese characters.

I even made a roster for it a little while ago...

https://pastebin.com/BAgN3Wuu

25/25 is a bit much for a first game obviously, but hey, dream big. I totally left out Gintama though. Oops.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Also Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario) vs Jolyne, Koichi, Bruno or one of the other Stand users (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - Characters who are helped by their connected ally

I've wanted Nintendo Vs. Jump for years. Just seems like a no brainer. Both companies own roughly 3/4 of the most globally popular Japanese characters.

I even made a roster for it a little while ago...

https://pastebin.com/BAgN3Wuu

25/25 is a bit much for a first game obviously, but hey, dream big. I totally left out Gintama though. Oops.
I feel there'd be forty characters, at least. I always forget Yugi is actually Jump, haha.

Should a separate thread entirely be made for this topic?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel Luffy is the mascot of Shonen Jump. Goku was, once.

I love this idea though.
King Dedede (Kirby) vs Gintoki (Gintama) - Always ****ing around with their audience
Spring Man (ARMS) vs Luffy (One Piece) - Long limbs
Wario (Wario) vs Kagura (Gintama) - Gluttons
Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - Speechless and powerful
Young Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs Giorno (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - Young, speechless and powerful
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) vs DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - Unstoppable by most forces
Ness (Earthbound/Mother) vs Gon (Hunter x Hunter) - Simple, peaceful life to huge adventure
Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch) vs Ryotsu (Kochikame) - Old school
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) vs Kondo (Gintama) - Gorillas
Pichu (Pokémon) vs Deku (My Hero Academia) - Hurts themselves using their power

I could go on forever, jeez.
Heh well looks like I got some reworking on my ideal roster to do. Thanks for some of those ideas. :)

Top Bottom