• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will you likely react if your most wanted gets in?

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Most Wanted: Skull Kid

My Reaction: *screams in joy* YES, YES, YES!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Most Wanted: Banjo-Kazooie

AGSJSDAIASDOGASDOPADGIPSOGAG)_ASDO{GASDO{G{)JOAGOJAD{GJ)OAG)AO(GAG(AMOVN VADFGA(GU *DIES OF OVEREXPOSURED EXCITED*

That's how I'd react pretty much.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
My most wanted: Bomberman
My reaction: Screaming and dancing in sheer joy

My most wanted who is not deconfirmed: Vaati
My reaction: Laughing like a maniac, making plans to create sick wind-kill montages, and maybe gloating to the Skull Kid fanbase (but that last one would be rather petty and unsportsmanlike...)

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
My most wanted already got in with K.Rool. Boy when I saw that trailer I was at work. Don't feel like telling the whole story but needless to say I jumped up and down, squealing, dancing to the Gangplank Galleon remix, with tears in my eyes. My 17 year Kong Quest of the wait for K.Rool to join Smash had ended. No more having to deal with the "He's not RELEVANT" naysayers or the "He's owned by Microsoft" moronic idiots. I was finally at peace and I don't think any other character will make me feel that level of hype again. The closest would probably Dixie and even then it won't be nearly as bombastic.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Most Wanted: Bandana Dee

Reaction: Scream so loud my family will probably wonder whats going on only for them to find me crying tears of joy.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Most wanted: Chrom/K. Rool

Reaction: I don't really remember that day too well, but it was probably very brief incredulous laughter followed by a quiet "he's finally in"

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Most wanted: Dixie, with Banjo-Kazooie being a close second.

And I'd probably react with just a smile and some excitement. That was basically the extent of my reaction to two of my favorite reveals in Smash (Cloud in Smash 4 and "Everyone is Here", particularly when it showed Wolf return). I was in disbelief during the former and just really pumped and smiling during the latter.

I don't really get the whole "freak out and break a nearby shelf" thing. No screaming, crying, jumping around etc. Guess I'm just lame like that.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted: Dixie, with Banjo-Kazooie being a close second.

And I'd probably react with just a smile and some excitement. That was basically the extent of my reaction to two of my favorite reveals in Smash (Cloud in Smash 4 and "Everyone is Here", particularly when it showed Wolf return). I was in disbelief during the former and just really pumped and smiling during the latter.

I don't really get the whole "freak out and break a nearby shelf" thing. No screaming, crying, jumping around etc. Guess I'm just lame like that.
I definitely wouldn't say you're lame! You're just better at controlling your hype reaction than some of us, ha ha.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've wanted K. Rool for a decade and spent the better part of the ballot era actively campaigning for him and arguing for him, not to mention that Nintendo flat out erased the character from his home series. As a lifelong fan of the Donkey Kong series, I found the way its villain was treated inexcusable and after him being MIA for so long, there wasn't a better way for the character to return. Should go without saying I'm also a huge fan of Smash, so seeing him cemented to me that this game truly earned its title of Ultimate, and that from now on, I can safely say all of my longterm Smash requests have been fulfilled.

I can assure you if I wasn't in a household at 7 AM with other people that were asleep, I would have been jumping and screaming. There are few series that can draw out such strong emotions out of me as Smash... for better or worse.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm usually not like that either and have NEVER been that way EXCEPT for K.Rool because of the things StormC StormC said above me. YEARS of waiting, online arguments, Nintendo's wack handling of the character as well as the DK franchise after Rare left as a whole just made me grow more and more emotionally attached after years. King K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo villain. He holds a very emotional and nostalgic place in my heart.

I've told this story on here before. But my mom who passed away a few years back when I was 17 didn't like videogames that much. The thing I was most passionate about she couldn't get into (she was more of a movie buff) HOWEVER she LOVED the N64. Some of my fondest memories growing up was playing Mario Party 2, Mario Kart 64, and DK64's multiplayer with her and my siblings. My mom was disabled bed bound most of her life and we didn't have many TV's in the house. So she decided to watch me play DK64 when there was nothing on TV and she fell in LOVE with the game. She loved everything about it, the collectibles, the music, the worlds, the story, everything and she was always fascinated with K.Rool. She adored him in the game. So he holds a special part in my heart for that reason and I'm still sad she didn't live long enough to see him join Smash. While she didn't care for Smash, I know she would've been happy to see K.Rool in there. So yeah of course I'm gonna have an emotional reaction when I see him re-appear after being MIA for 10 years.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(Skull Kid, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Steve, Creeper, Gengar, Porky Minch, etc. all get in I have a hard time picking just one character out of my wants)

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm usually not like that either and have NEVER been that way EXCEPT for K.Rool because of the things StormC StormC said above me. YEARS of waiting, online arguments, Nintendo's wack handling of the character as well as the DK franchise after Rare left as a whole just made me grow more and more emotionally attached after years. King K. Rool is my favorite Nintendo villain. He holds a very emotional and nostalgic place in my heart.

I've told this story on here before. But my mom who passed away a few years back when I was 17 didn't like videogames that much. The thing I was most passionate about she couldn't get into (she was more of a movie buff) HOWEVER she LOVED the N64. Some of my fondest memories growing up was playing Mario Party 2, Mario Kart 64, and DK64's multiplayer with her and my siblings. My mom was disabled bed bound most of her life and we didn't have many TV's in the house. So she decided to watch me play DK64 when there was nothing on TV and she fell in LOVE with the game. She loved everything about it, the collectibles, the music, the worlds, the story, everything and she was always fascinated with K.Rool. She adored him in the game. So he holds a special part in my heart for that reason and I'm still sad she didn't live long enough to see him join Smash. While she didn't care for Smash, I know she would've been happy to see K.Rool in there. So yeah of course I'm gonna have an emotional reaction when I see him re-appear after being MIA for 10 years.
That's a really nice story. Sorry about the loss of your mom, but I totally feel you in many ways. My own mom played a lot of games with me when I was younger on the N64 and Gamecube, and I have some good memories of those times. I have my own sentimental attachments to a lot of games that now receive love in Smash.

I think my lack of reaction comes from me just getting older and just acquiring more self-control. My wife hates Smash and doesn't get all the hype, so if I can't hang out with my little brothers for reveals, I usually watch the trailers alone, and often while I'm at work. Hence, there isn't much sense in getting overhyped. Ditto for that when my wife literally could not care less about this new fighter I'm excited for, meaning I don't really talk about any of it out loud (which usually builds hype more).

All in all, my reactions are always pretty tame, but watching it with my little brothers (whose first game was Melee, which I taught them to play) always makes it a little more special and exciting. But even still I usually just smile and say "hell yeah, that's great!"

StormC

Smash Hero
I think my lack of reaction comes from me just getting older and just acquiring more self-control.
I mean, we're the same age. :p

If there is a certain minimum threshold for "being too old to get excited about things," then I don't ever want to cross it. My mother is in her 60s and is a rabid Pokemon Go fan. I've almost never seen her get as hyped up as when she catches a shiny legendary with perfect stats.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
My most wanted, realistically possible character is Skull Kid. It would be a longrunning desire of 12+ years coming to fruition and I'd be fairly incapacitated.

There are others that could get a similar response, but some dream characters like Ammy or Earthworm Jim might give me a for real heart attack. Not gonna lie, the Everyone is Here trailer coulda killed me lol.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

If there is a certain minimum threshold for "being too old to get excited about things," then I don't ever want to cross it. My mother is in her 60s and is a rabid Pokemon Go fan. I've almost never seen her get as hyped up as when she catches a shiny legendary with perfect stats.
Haha I wouldn't say I'm too old to get excited. Far from it. If I was, I wouldn't be spending my time on these boards anticipating this game.

Its more that I can't afford to not have some self-control about the game because I can't afford to have an outburst at work or in front of my wife when I get hype news. Its less about how old I am and more about how old I feel. My lifestyle and environment doesn't allow time for going commando about Smash. Hell, I barely even play video games anymore. Before the Switch, my newest home console was an Xbox 360. And I only own five games for it.

I'm a husband, an eldest brother, a godfather of four little girls, a hardworking employee and have an active social life. So I guess I just don't feel I can afford to act that way anymore, outside of parties with friends or hanging out with siblings. I sure do miss being a kid sometimes lol.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
If any of my most wanted I'd just be like.

Then I'd replay the trailer because there was no way that just happened.

I'm more of a quiet guy who's eyes have expanded so large out of pure joy then literally every react channel who all do the same thing.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac and Banjo are my most wanted.
If I get one I'll break into to dance.
I get both and I'll cry manly tears.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My most wanted character: Xurkitree
Second most wanted: Banjo-Kazooie

Reaction: HOLY S*** THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!
(Prob won't happen tbh)

Feel free to check out my support thread for Xurkitree below :)

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While K.Rool got me hyped I could never see myself going to Etika or Obiwan levels of extreme in the reaction department. Like I said NO character could ever get me as hyped as Rool. I'd rather die than to get to something like this over a Smash character:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
While K.Rool got me hyped I could never see myself going to Etika or Obiwan levels of extreme in the reaction department. Like I said NO character could ever get me as hyped as Rool. I'd rather die than to get to something like this over a Smash character:

I'm not much of a reactor either lol but I still get excited :p

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Let's see...

K. Rool and Ridley weren't my #1 most wanted characters but both their reveals made me rip my shirt.

If Rayman or Banjo Kazooie get revealed let's just say there'll be genocide in my closet.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Most Wanted: Geno

My reaction cause I wouldn’t know what to feel why thanking Sakurai the whole time cause it’s been so long since he’s been in anything lol :laugh:

4453DED2-2DF8-4D93-99FD-4C705F8D8F35.gif

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

I don't think excitement is entirely dulled by age, I haven't been very excitable for many years and I haven't even been around very long. Either I'm boring or it's a person to person thing. Or you can be Etika and pretend to get hyped over everything so that people give you views and make memes about you. Wait don't read that last sentence.

Top Bottom