• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will 20XX make me better?

Papasmurf645

Smash Rookie
I'm about to get 20xx and I'm just curious on how it'll make me better. I'm a very dedicated sheik main

.Marik

is a social misfit
the computers are smarter

i think you can do frame testing and debug mode too in 20xx

__Maza__

Smash Rookie
These have been the most useful for me:
-Character Flash on L-Cancel
-Action state color overlays (I have gray for Stand, to make sure you're always acting as quickly as possible, and red for Hitstun, so you can see your windows to combo easier)
-Actually good CPU with random DI and teching (great for a Sheik player, you can practice tech chasing easily)

I barely use any of the training features and it's still made me improve a ton just by playing against the CPUs. They still do stupid stuff and tend to play way more aggressively than most players (especially the bloody Fox), but if you don't have people to play friendlies with like me then it's the next best thing.

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
The debug menu makes 20XX good. Personally, being able to know the exact frame I can act out of something helps me waste less time in a match. When I started to learn basic tech like L-caceling, I changed it so that if I press L/R all the way down no cancel would happen. This forced me to learn how to do it properly. Then the option about showing where you can go with different DI and SDI was helpful aswell.

TL:DR: Debug menu has options to help you learn how to do things needed for actual tournaments.

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Using the replay feature to grind out certain scenarios where you might have to recover or SDI or do whatever.

Top Bottom