• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL How we can improve: World Of Light.

TreeChopperVillager

The Rubber Man Himself...
Switch FC
SW 1611 0712 3143
If you don't know what the world of light is you probably haven't played SSBU ( Super Smash Bros Ultimate ). So let me give a quick introduction to World of light. So, World of light is a mode on SSBU where you fight spirits for rewards and that particular spirit while trying to stop Galeem. That's all you need to know tbh. Now let's get into it. First of all, they could atleast make the map not so confusing. Mainly cause it's hard to get through on a smaller screen. Have you got any suggestions though? Leave them down in the comments. And I know, I'm not a nintendo / SSBU admin but there I still wanna knw cus im bored.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Co-op should have been in on day one. They belatedly added it to the spirit board, so there's no excuse now. But it's still missing.

I was seriously looking forward to playing through WoL together with my sister. It was a huge disappointment to find out that the entire Spirits mode was single player only for no good reason. We still had fun playing it, but a bit less fun than we could have.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New Game Minus? For those that want to start over without having a totally clean slate. They can choose to ditch one of the following: unlocked characters (for the Mode only of course), Spirits (for the Adventure Mode only, they can still be freely used outside of it), or stat bonuses.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
New Game Minus? For those that want to start over without having a totally clean slate. They can choose to ditch one of the following: unlocked characters (for the Mode only of course), Spirits (for the Adventure Mode only, they can still be freely used outside of it), or stat bonuses.
By "stat bonuses", do you mean the skill tree?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'll begin by saying I like WoL as it is, but of course there should be improvements. To start, co-op. It was in Subspace so I don't know why they wouldn't include it here and then only have it in spirit boards in a later patch.

Lack of cutscenes are an issue too. Now, I get why there aren't as much this time because having a huge roster in multiple scenes can be a hassle and of course you could always have different characters depending on the paths you take and miss out on. I just think a couple more generic cutscenes would help and one part I can think of where a cutscene should've shown was the part where we took down Dharkon in the dark realm, similar to how we defeated Galeem.

And as for battles, I like them already and even the real hard ones I can argue can lead to being more strategic such as using the staff to defeat the Pauline spirit. However, I would like a little more variety between battles. One spirit battle I particularly liked was the Mario party river survival spirit. Instead of defeating the main character or everyone, this time you just had to survive until the time runs out. I really wished we had more gimmicks in spirit battles because that was a breath of fresh air and it wasn't even in WoL.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Lack of cutscenes are an issue too. Now, I get why there aren't as much this time because having a huge roster in multiple scenes can be a hassle and of course you could always have different characters depending on the paths you take and miss out on. I just think a couple more generic cutscenes would help and one part I can think of where a cutscene should've shown was the part where we took down Dharkon in the dark realm, similar to how we defeated Galeem.
You do get a cutscene there.
Galeem and Dharkon start fighting each other and everyone shows up to fight them.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
You do get a cutscene there.
Galeem and Dharkon start fighting each other and everyone shows up to fight them.
I mean sure, but I still think a cutscene right before would've been nice too. Like seeing Darkhon leave the dark realm and seeing Galeem chasing right after him. Because inside the dark realm has no cutscenes at all, only outside the realm are where the cutscenes happen.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I think that it could've used more variety. After a while, the Spirits battles began to meld together and failed to excite me. Things like more boss battles or environmental puzzles (or more unique objectives, like the survival one) would've gone a long way.

I particularly would've liked to see a boss in every dungeon. Rayquaza would've been an excellent fit for the Sky Temple, for example.

Seeing more stuff like the Gourmet Race would've also been nice. Just minor puzzles outside of fights that, although they might not be tough, change up what you're doing a little bit. Just going along a path to unlock another one isn't the most engaging.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
sorry for the bump but I got OPINIONS

-Change up some of the fights in New Game+ to add more incentive to play the mode again

-make the dark world map less confusing

-Dump the lame-ass SSE boss and replace it with Rayquaza or another Pokemon

FTR I loved the mode but it certainly wasn't perfect nor did it really scratch that itch I had for a grand crossover adventure (SSE didn't really do it either with it's bland locale)

Top Bottom