• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
probably. i just have a habit of run off uair usually if i get them off stage with an ftilt, and they're not very far offstage. if i feel like i have enough time to turn around and get set for the tipman, i definitely use it, but sometimes i feel like run off uair is a quicker more effective result. i'm just wondering if this is completely unreasonable

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
It's reasonable.. but totally circumstantial. Literally ganon's entire aerial set is sufficient for edgeguarding spacies... which results in some easy ways to edge guard, effective ways to edge guard, low risk ways to edgeguard, etc. The key thing, imo, is to mind game your opponent into taking the route that YOU want him to when coming back to the ledge. ex: make someone think you're going for the effective edge guard, so they avoid it and consequently set themselves up for the easy edge guard. or vice versa etc etc. Just getting into your opponent's head and knowing what you can get away with. It's really generalized and i'm sure you already know what i'm saying though chris... but it's what I thought about when I read that. Someone else could answer your question better...

I joke around edge guarding spacies though for the most part. I usually go for the 2nd hit of the nair or WF spike. My first tournament I went all ganon and met a fox in L1. I tried to suicide wizard's foot spike him 2 matches in a row, last stock, while I was up almost a stock each time. Each time, I missed him while he was mid firefox--one of the times I was edgehogged and the other time I just killed myself. I had no tourney experience and I couldn't resist.. ganon is just too bad***.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i know exactly what i was thinking of when you said that though. run off the same way i would if i were to double jump uair (effective), and if they firefox upwards diagonally, get back onto the stage and uair them from there (easy). although it works mentally, idk if it'd work in real life...

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Staying grounded usually is pretty good vs. spacies; you can jab or ftilt pretty much everything they can do at or around the ledge, and if they go high, you can jump up and up air them most of the time. But don't take my word for it, go watch Linguini vs. Shiz. Those sets will show you how to edgeguard spacies.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Which CP Stages are good for Ganon (generally or...), specifically going against, Marth, spacies, and Falcon?
Ganon in general likes Yoshi's, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield and Dreamland

Counterpick SPACIES to Brinstar. The lava destroys them. You can stomp them through it. Side B under the platforms and the hitbox comes out when you hit that stuff on the stage (just test it out). Down B is worse on Brinstar (it suffers too much hit stun when you hit the cylinder things on the floor of the stage and won't go anywhere). It's a decent Falcon stage though, watch out.

Personally I don't like taking Marfs to Fountain, but I'll take them to Yoshi's or Dreamland.

Against C. Falcon (don't play Ganon unless you're hXc) the idea is he has advantage on stage, and you guys should **** each equally offstage. Take him to a stage where he can't run around as much.

Also, platforms should be your friend. Make sure they work FOR you and not AGAINST you. Don't get caught above Marf *shudder* When they have to tech on a platform above you, chase and Dair, Usmash, Uair, Bair, or Fair them. Love platforms.

Can I get someone else to chime in on this? I'd like a second opinion from someone with more experience plz

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
As far as Marth CP's go, you need to realize a few things. Marth has free tippers off techchases and shieldpokes on the lower platforms of BF and YS. Both are good Ganon stages as well, so it's not a bad choice to make necessarily. You just have to know what you're getting into, as Marth could easily CP you on either of these stages as well (especially yoshi's). I like DL64 and FD a lot for Marth. Dreamland's lower platforms are high enough so that fsmash will not hit you (only utilt) and Ganon can survive to extremely high percents on that level. I like FD because it gives you plenty of room to space your attacks, which is very important in the matchup.

Linguini

Smash Master
So what are your secret shield grabs setups? Pretty sure i've seen you fail them over and over when you played vs anyone half decent vs ganon. Pest doesn't count sorry.
rofl, who have i failed them vs?Thus far chops is the best at avoiding tem and he doesn't even avoid my grabs completely. ASDI grabs do exist bud, and so do cc grabs, I mix them both.

and what the **** is a pest?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
u shud always sheidl grab wit ganons thats wat i was tryin to say cuz their madd gay u gotta mindgame the sheild grab. mindgame shield and cc makes ganons defense like a tank
Mindgames don't counter duck / spacing / etc.

When Kage tried to shield grab me in ages past, I would duck them and get a free stock.

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
What I'm getting from y'all about playing against Peach is, hit the ***** in the mouth and make her make me a sandwich.
Am I right?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Against Spacies, what sounds like the best option is run -> crouch cancel to stop your movement -> jab -> run off Dair.

Too bad I can never get this. It sounds like I should be getting it off of reaction time, though.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Ganon in general likes Yoshi's, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield and Dreamland

Counterpick SPACIES to Brinstar. The lava destroys them. You can stomp them through it. Side B under the platforms and the hitbox comes out when you hit that stuff on the stage (just test it out). Down B is worse on Brinstar (it suffers too much hit stun when you hit the cylinder things on the floor of the stage and won't go anywhere).

Against C. Falcon (don't play Ganon unless you're hXc) the idea is he has advantage on stage, and you guys should **** each equally offstage. Take him to a stage where he can't run around as much.
I'll take these into account next time. *nods* I think I'll go for it with another character (ICs), against those combo-mad Falcons.

As far as Marth CP's go, you need to realize a few things. Marth has free tippers off techchases and shieldpokes on the lower platforms of BF and YS. Both are good Ganon stages as well, so it's not a bad choice to make necessarily. You just have to know what you're getting into, as Marth could easily CP you on either of these stages as well (especially yoshi's). I like DL64 and FD a lot for Marth. Dreamland's lower platforms are high enough so that fsmash will not hit you (only utilt) and Ganon can survive to extremely high percents on that level. I like FD because it gives you plenty of room to space your attacks, which is very important in the matchup.
Well it seems so far I haven't made bad choice of stages against Marth, since I really don't feel comfortable on YS during that match-up,

---

And on Peach, if she's close, jabbing is a good option, and U-air comes fast enough if they're floating (higher than F-tilt's range).

Off-stage, you can go for most aerial options for a fast kill, though be sure to hit her or else if she manages to get back on stage faster than you, you'll either, get a lot of % or not come back to the stage at all (that is if edgeguard is well applied).

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well it seems so far I haven't made bad choice of stages against Marth, since I really don't feel comfortable on YS during that match-up,
Well there's nothing wrong with that. Hell, YS would be the 2nd stage I'd ban right behind FoD (but part of this is because I'm just not as good on FoD imo). Yoshi's is small so it's easier for Marth to get you offstage, and he has the auto-tippers on the lower platforms (and since the blast zones are so tight a tipper can often mean death).

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
rofl, who have i failed them vs?Thus far chops is the best at avoiding tem and he doesn't even avoid my grabs completely. ASDI grabs do exist bud, and so do cc grabs, I mix them both.

and what the **** is a pest?
Did you even read my post? I'm talking about shield grabs. So let me rephrase that again : What are your *super magic tricks* to land shield grabs?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol easy.. It's ok, no need to quarrel. There's nothing left for me to prove, I've already done what I've wanted and it feels amazing. I'll continue to let action speak for me though, I'll continue to fight and beat some people up because it's fun =D.

ACE, both knows how to play vs Ganon, there. =P And it's true Vwins did beat him when it counted, no 2nd chances =P.

Linguini

Smash Master
hah all i know is he had a weird style at first and after 2 matches i got used to it brehhhhhh

kk wouldnt beat me
you wouldnt beat me
vwins wouldnt beat me if we played again

ello pop

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hah all i know is he had a weird style at first and after 2 matches i got used to it brehhhhhh

kk wouldnt beat me
you wouldnt beat me
vwins wouldnt beat me if we played again

ello pop
Only one way to find out!! =D If you can adapt to their style, what makes you think they can't adapt to yours? It's not one-sided.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Downplaying linguini on the ganon boards is not how you make people think that kage is better... I mean come on. Kage always gets credit around here when he's doing good. Do you think we should we start calling one better than the other after each tournament that one out places the other? I don't get it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
back to the thread (ah, so many ganon questions to be asked. being a curious/competitive noob is fun)

when you wizard foot from platform to platform, ie on PS, is there actually less cooldown time, or is that just my imagination? his animation just seems somehow...different and more fluid than when he's on the ground

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Downplaying linguini on the ganon boards is not how you make people think that kage is better... I mean come on. Kage always gets credit around here when he's doing good. Do you think we should we start calling one better than the other after each tournament that one out places the other? I don't get it.
I'm not sure where you got that from.. Anyways it doesn't matter. =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
It's not "no lag," but it is less lag. When wizard's foot propels Ganondorf off of a stationary surface (like a platofmr or the stage), the traditional animation of the attack changes so that Ganon goes into an aerial tumble rather than just stopping and standing up. This altered animation reduces the total length of Wizard's foot by 8 frames. When pkmn stadium is transforming, the terrain is broken up and remolded. If you use down+b during the remodling/transformation period, the game perceives Ganon as having left the surface he started on, and thus causes him to tumble (allowing the attack to end 8 frames sooner).

I don't know exactly what frame of an aerial down+b restores Ganon's midair, but i'm pretty sure it's just before the ending quarter.
nvm, rockcrock's gone and answered my question 2 months before i even knew an organized competive scene existed for this game. lol. i didn't even know i could look at old threads before now. i think i'll go back and look at some of these threads for a while and then start asking questions again.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
does ganon's fair actually have frames that when he lands during them, it auto cancels?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
not from a short hop

F-Air

Total: 44
Hit: 14-19
IASA: 35
Auto cancel: <6 34>
Landlag: 25
L canceled: 12

Jump
Airborne on frame 7

Air time: 42
Earliest FF: 22
FF air time: 32

SH air time: 33
Earliest FF: 18
SH FF air time: 24

studly

Smash Ace
Don't know what's so cocky about that. I'm saying it doesn't matter if I do well or not or Linguini either.. Of course we all want to see Ganon doing well. But this is not the reason why I play this game, I don't play for the people.
i know u get this enough allready....but god kage u r my hero!

Top Bottom