• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Lmao yeah my ganon was initially modeled after yours/renths for a time so it makes sense through gameplay. You were often a step or two ahead cause you probably understood neutral and how to look at the opponent way better than I did before switching to fox.

It'd be funny teaming one day with the name "... which ones Chris?!?" Lol

Edit: more games will exist soon, I lost game 15 to weilin yesterday but I had sick games against a good young nc fox clementine that I think will definitely be worth checking out. I stayed ganon in grands until down 2-0 of second set, and then switched to the most aggressive version of my fox.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Turn around ftilt is insanely easy. I don't think you really need to practice them.

Pivots might help a bit but i don't think they will do that much. Pivot ftilt is truly underutilized though.
Thomas Tipman is a pivot tilting god,

He's the only person I've ever played that does it consistently.

Renth

Smash Hero
Dude I miss you.
You know where I live bitc. H.

(Inb4 I get an infraction for sensor dodging.)

These new age mods don't know who they playing with If they wanna play that game. there's a reason why I have over ten pages of infractions been banned 20 times and am still somehow here

LOL

Edit: I forgot how much of a dbag classic Renth was. I'll keep him locked up.

Last edited:

clarify

Smash Cadet
Something I noticed while playing against a Falco who's definitely better than me: At mid percents on a platform, dthrow into dair traps him unless he has godly tech skill or dair sends him off the platform. Then you can read his get-up and dair again or fair/bair, or even grab again and repeat the process. I'm not sure at what percents this can apply to the rest of the cast, but I'm pretty sure this could also be used against Fox at similar percents. Also not sure how applicable this is on FD or some transformations of PS.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Got 3rd at the last weekly out here in Dekalb, Il. All Ganon baby. Lost to fox, and fox. I hate that matchup dudes! It stresses me out so much!
I'm going again today, for revenge. Wish me luck. I'll let you all know how I did later tonight.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Thomas Tipman is a pivot tilting god,

He's the only person I've ever played that does it consistently.
Swedish Delight has gotten good at pivot ftilt in recent years. I don't think it stands out the way it does in Tipman's gameplay, though.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I got 3rd again. I was double eliminated by the same fox player. QQ
I wish I could get vods. I missed a lot of tech chases and some edgeguards, unfortunately.

Potet

Smash Rookie
Yo anyone got advice on the puff matchup? I struggle in that matchup well... more than I should. There are a lot of campy puffs here and I just don't really understand how ganon wins neutral against stupid ass bair + ledge planking strats.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yo anyone got advice on the puff matchup? I struggle in that matchup well... more than I should. There are a lot of campy puffs here and I just don't really understand how ganon wins neutral against stupid *** bair + ledge planking strats.
It's a hard mu, but it's actually doable. lol You have to stay on the ground, anti wall of pains still work even in todays meta, DI away the first hit of bair, it's scary sure, but it'll put you in a better spot. Space everything out, and don't get to grab happy because of punishable rests. If she's trying to u-tilt rest you, then buffer roll away from her. Don't take any chances with trying to edge guard her by going out there. Just throw out hitboxes to make her struggle. D-angled f-tilts actually fk up her crouching as well. Also, if you do manage to get a grab, then go out space out your fair/bair to the max. Because you can get rested out of it. Play patient and stick to the ground, cause despite everything she can do, she can die from Ganon at about 60-70% maybe even less if you can squeeze in an upsmash from a platform techcchase or improper DI from Ganon's grab.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
It's probably out of an empty pivot, which is much easier to do then a raw pivot.
No he can do real pivot ftilts. But as I said, it's not really a staple of his gameplay and he doesn't do it very often so it gets overlooked. Not to discredit Tipman, though. His consistency is incredible.

Renth

Smash Hero
I also recently went to an event and got third. Double eliminated by tempo whom I know I can beat. (3-2)

I resurrected Uber Ice, (RockCrocks Brother) he went to the event with me his first event in over three years and won grand finals over tempo.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I also recently went to an event and got third. Double eliminated by tempo whom I know I can beat. (3-2)

I resurrected Uber Ice, (RockCrocks Brother) he went to the event with me his first event in over three years and won grand finals over tempo.
**** yeah!

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for sharing the games, I haven't played in almost a year and it was great to see some play from you while I contemplated getting back to it.

BASEBASSFORTE

Smash Rookie
I have been playing this game competitively for 2 and a half years and I have only gotten a few sessions with players better than me to explain to me things about the game right then and there. They are very valuable but I have mostly learned on my own this whole time. Sure, I would love to have someone much better than me explain the game more to me when I play them but I just do not have access to a person like that in my city, not to mention that I am in college and I get very busy with homework and my job. Learning to tech yourself things is the best way to help yourself improve. It's hard, but you definitely learn.
YOH SUP LOCKROBSTER! yoh! you are sooo right! when you say learning on your own is the best way because i also have been playing for a little over 2 and a half years now and despite atending torneys only like once a month im still the best at tech by a verry large margen but only when it comes to tech but i also discovered by getting bodied that tech isint everything if you dont have the right mindset but yea steps 1, 2 and 3 are - 1. Studdy. 2. Practice. 3. Play. and it's also nice to record your matches man you could learn even more if you do nifty tricks and whatnot. at my local we dont stream unfortunalty that's why i started recording myself so i could share my vids on youtube and i discovered a unique meta for Ganon that makes him a little better by Wave Dash Moonwalking watch my videos on youtube at "Basebassforte" ive never Seen Kage The Warrior opt. for Edgeguards like i do this could actualy be a good thing for Ganon welp maybe becuase None and another Ganon Player Named "CHE" also do this but i havent seen the great Kage do this at Majors although he should do this sinse this is verry good despite being somewhat situational watch my video called "Resistance" and "Cybeast Ganon" also "Battle in the Forggoten City" youl see what im talking about watch them on youtube at "Basebassforte" i know a lot i think just about every single fundamental i know things that i havent seen anyone else do ever not even the best players im dead serioes here's an example when you get hit by a attack that's not way to devestating a normal smahs attack or anything realy opt for smahs Di multiple times by hitting your anolog stick up and away Left up or Right up do that without stopping verry fast and youl notice Ganon will go from a Vulnareble pose after taking a hit and he will go from vulnarable state pose to Free Fall Neutral state pose and that is good cus you can air dodge a knee but im sure you knee this cus it's just smahs Di but did you know you could do it after taking a hit near the ground and opot for a waveland to grab oponnent or wave land directly to ledge or even waveland to instant Moonwalk! im serious! ive done this a few times it's tricky but true try it yourself hit *left right fast* or right Left. or better yet hit left up or right up as soon as you get hit and do this mutliple times and Ganon will turn Neutral pose but i reccomend hitting up and to the side ither by doing Up/Left or Up/Right this method is way better because every time you hit up on the analog stick you have more possibilities to jump out wile multi Di'ing. also you can Pivot wile running by droping your speed with anolog stick down and hit C stick in any direction depending what smash attack you want but did you know you can also charge your pivot? do the same but hold A button for a charged attack pivot turnaround. watch my video called "Solid State Scouter" and youl see me do a Moonwalk out of Wave dash wile running back towards G&W * Mr. Game and Watch* and i do a turn around side smash wile Moonwalking out of Wave Dash also you can up smash out of sheild and shine and even charge your up smahs out of Sheild or Shine i play Ganon Mainly he's my main but i also use Fox at 20XX levels and welp i play with many charactars watch my vids and studdy them closely and see for your self Lockrobster! ive seen your vids your awesome! lets keep it up! despite playing fox at a Decently high level techskill wise i still want to win a Major with Ganon and push the meta. im BASE nice to meet you LockRobster love that name it reminds me of that old school song that plays with a Guitar *tun tun tun tatatata under the sea , losta bubbles. and so on. lol LockRobstaaar hurrahhh LockRobster hurra! hem hem yeam... nice to meet ya :s

Renth

Smash Hero
babysitters exist no need for retiring. if your child found out you were a deadbeat to play melee they would understand and be proud.
I show up to locals once every three months as it is, I never practice and the time just feels right.

Damn, man, congrats. I wish I could have played you once or twice to get some pointers (apparently we're close by each other), but life absolutely takes precedence. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Come to Gatorlan then.

96Avian

Smash Rookie
So I'm new here and I think I must be the dumbest person alive. Is there a second page to this guide I'm not seeing or is it only complete to the part about the fox matchup. How do I view the rest of the guide???

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Matches like this one is exactly how Dennis (RockCrock) inspired me to start up Ganon in the first place. I remembered when he made the sickest win vs Raistlin on Mute City 9 years ago! I mean the way he made that IMPOSSIBLE recovery was just like n act of god or something!

For what that matchup is, Kage did great here! Peach is a difficult MU.

I'll be there.
I would love to have seen you on your final tournament man. Especially after learning that Gatorlan is FREE OF CHARGE! But good luck with all of your future endeavors. Nice knowing you. I learned much from you, Dennis, and all the other Florida Ganons! Take care Mark!

Perhaps I'll see you at one of those Florida Smash-B-Qs if you're still around ;-)

Top Bottom