• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's definitely before the SDI can take place the direction is calculated. I've SDIed behind a CF when kneed and flew past him. Also the time frame I mentioned is about how far you need to go, for the SDI you need the time of the shines hitlag, which isn't more than 4 frames iirc.
But knockback trajectory isn't determined until after hitlag....

In the falcon knee example, I'm pretty sure I've SDI'd behind him to force a reverse knee dozens of times.

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
But knockback trajectory isn't determined until after hitlag....

In the falcon knee example, I'm pretty sure I've SDI'd behind him to force a reverse knee dozens of times.
This is false I'm afraid. If you look closely on any TAS video with crazy SDI you'll notice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQo5svixYyg

All moves knockback direction is clearly based on which side the opponent was before hitlag and SDI can take place.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This is false I'm afraid. If you look closely on any TAS video with crazy SDI you'll notice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQo5svixYyg

All moves knockback direction is clearly based on which side the opponent was before hitlag and SDI can take place.
I see. nevermind then, I guess the double tap would only increase your chances of getting ledge instead of going offstage, which is still good.

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Still though, if it's a double shine it might be possible to make the second shine hit you towards the stage...

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
isnt really any different I think, it just messes up the timing. If you fastfall at the right time (asap) you get ledge.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
So fastfall is mandatory in that situation? Normally you can take ledge without fastfalling.
if you get shined close to the ledge you have too much momentum to grab ledge with only drift inwards, so you need to fastfall. You should ff either way since then you can act faster.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Can someone plz explain this bull****? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChwOJD6b7o

Btw, willing to make a fake youtube account and post nothing but Joe's video in the comment section, who's with me? Don't want this ******* getting Joe's revenue for the amount of youtube vids this is about to get.
Post them to YouTube and label the videos as unlisted. Then you can post links anywhere for people to watch them, but if someone looks at the list of your YouTube vids it won't show them.

O Oldiz Gotcha. Sometimes I get ledge by holding down and in, I wonder if that makes you fall slightly faster (same with shield drop with the axe method, looks like you fall slightly faster than normal fall speed) and would work in more situations than simply holding in. I need to train myself to ff consistently.

Too bad porkchops never hits me up to play lmao.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there's a slightly fastfall tech in melee. If you got ledge you probably got the fastfall with you down/in input or you weren't that close to the ledge.
With shield drop might be that you start at a higher speed than simply sliding off a platform since the drop probably accelerates you a little, like a downwards jump.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't think there's a slightly fastfall tech in melee. If you got ledge you probably got the fastfall with you down/in input or you weren't that close to the ledge.
With shield drop might be that you start at a higher speed than simply sliding off a platform since the drop probably accelerates you a little, like a downwards jump.
Yeah I wasn't insinuating that there was a semi-ff mechanic, just that something seemed faster

Potet

Smash Rookie
Can someone plz explain this bull****? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChwOJD6b7o

Btw, willing to make a fake youtube account and post nothing but Joe's video in the comment section, who's with me? Don't want this ******* getting Joe's revenue for the amount of youtube vids this is about to get.
Are people mad about the video I made about RLD? I just wanted to make a video focused only on the execution of the technique, as the only other video on youtube about the tech (PseudoTurtle's) only focused on applications, but didn't explain how to do it at all. Sorry if I upset anyone.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Are people mad about the video I made about RLD? I just wanted to make a video focused only on the execution of the technique, as the only other video on youtube about the tech (PseudoTurtle's) only focused on applications, but didn't explain how to do it at all. Sorry if I upset anyone.
No, no one is mad. spider_sense was at my house last night and he got a message from a SFL player showing him a link to the vid. We both just laughed hard because the player that sent Jason the link should've known Jason's been using that tech for like a decade lol. It has nothing to do with the video itself, the uploader, or the uploader's intentions. We know that you're aware of the age of the tech, you're just helping the Ganon community by getting the word out!

Potet

Smash Rookie
No, no one is mad. spider_sense was at my house last night and he got a message from a SFL player showing him a link to the vid. We both just laughed hard because the player that sent Jason the link should've known Jason's been using that tech for like a decade lol. It has nothing to do with the video itself, the uploader, or the uploader's intentions. We know that you're aware of the age of the tech, you're just helping the Ganon community by getting the word out!
Ok, good. I was worried for a second there. ^_^

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Drinking Remy without ya boy.... tisk tisk

:denzel:
They were actually small chocolates that had the rum inside. One of my co workers brought like 7 packs of them and gave me 1 to take home, so I've been munching on them and playing league while getting salty. I tend to be a bit over protective when it comes to friends like Joe, especially when I'm tipsy asf. That; and not realizing I'm getting messed up cuz I love chocolate lol. Didn't mean to put down your hard work potet, and I'm sorry for that bs post earlier. if we ever get a chance to meet and play on stream I'll let you 4 stock me both games.

Last edited:

Potet

Smash Rookie
They were actually small chocolates that had the rum inside. One of my co workers brought like 7 packs of them and gave me 1 to take home, so I've been munching on them and playing league while getting salty. I tend to be a bit over protective when it comes to friends like Joe, especially when I'm tipsy asf. That; and not realizing I'm getting messed up cuz I love chocolate lol. Didn't mean to put down your hard work potet, and I'm sorry for that bs post earlier. if we ever get a chance to meet and play on stream I'll let you 4 stock me both games.
lmao I'll turn you down on that offer, I'm bad enough it would be obvious that you're throwing and people would call us both frauds. Some days I wish I could swap my level of technical knowledge of the game with my level of skill, I swear I would start winning locals.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
That's copyright infringement brotha

edit: spider_sense spider_sense got my back

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's a really good combo you can do Peach I figured out from 0% when she DIs behind the downthrow, everyone knows you can do a backair right and it stops there usually since they would usually be ready for a uair or jab afterwards. So if you do pivot up angle ftilt it actually lands almost as a combo which means you can pour on the pressure from that situation. It's really sick you can avoid a trade that way.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There's a really good combo you can do Peach I figured out from 0% when she DIs behind the downthrow, everyone knows you can do a backair right and it stops there usually since they would usually be ready for a uair or jab afterwards. So if you do pivot up angle ftilt it actually lands almost as a combo which means you can pour on the pressure from that situation. It's really sick you can avoid a trade that way.
Been using high ftilt for DI behind at zero for many years. Smash turn uair is technically guaranteed but tough.

The best thing is, no DI if they're tying to nair out.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Been using high ftilt for DI behind at zero for many years. Smash turn uair is technically guaranteed but tough.

The best thing is, no DI if they're tying to nair out.
Maybe you have but other Ganons obviously don't know these kinds of things. Techs taken for granted should be also shared.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Maybe you have but other Ganons obviously don't know these kinds of things. Techs taken for granted should be also shared.
I'm not putting your info down bro, I'm basically saying "I second that". I've made several posts about this in this thread over the years but ppl don't use it lol, it's good.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Spider sense vs prof... key things

https://youtu.be/MZyQF-Kihso

0:15 take ledge in that situation. When you see he can't up-b snap to ledge, ledgedash grab. You'll be able to punish if he goes straight down too.

0:30 you can fair her at 78%. No need to bair

0:32 looked like an accidental uair. Gotta bair there

1:12 this is where you start giving sheik ledge. Regular getup edgehogs this.

1:39 against floaties and semi-floaties, when they are at this percent and DI behind the fullhop bair will whiff. Around 135-155% (i think) you have to backjump, into backwards dj bair. Mandatory vs Marth and in dittos around 140% too. But higher than that, backdash into quick fullhop fair. You just have to pay attention to percent (and have a controller that will backdash).

2:03 probably could've ASDI grabbed that utilt but I'm not sure. Definitely can ASDI down and away out of grab range tho

2:08 he was ready for the ledgedash. It was kinda obvious with the crouch. Not a great situation to be in when she's at zero, but you could've ledgehop fair'd or ledgedash into roll behind her, safe with INV.

OFF TOPIC: Having fun in the keys so far lol
https://youtu.be/KpREl2Ue5dc
https://youtu.be/ikdz7FB1xtI
https://youtu.be/GmofIKcXASU
https://youtu.be/6ynM9WAsc_w

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process

Here's a video of Ganon up-bing over and over and showing off what the ECB looks like. I also do the 18 frame invincibility galint at the very end, so you can see what that looks like as well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I practiced it vs Fox but ya from 0 it's impossible to get a regrab. I checked the Magus thing to get the exact % again so I'll definitely master that 20xx Ganon. I feel like it's totally doable with practice. Of course at first it seems humanly impossible to react but after a while it totally is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom