• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Eikelmann seems to have the most variance of the top Ganons against falcon. He's beaten almost all the best, but then he'll lose to falcons that he definitely shouldn't.

I think he's secretly the best Ganon against Marth. I would love to see him vs the moon, pewpewu, or any of the top Marths.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ya when a Fox gets into the zone I don't think Ganon as a character can do anything since you'll almost always get outspaced and get caught pressing buttons lol.
Yeah you have to significantly outsmart a smart player and then punish hard af, aka be a professional dirty trickster/swindler lmao

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
How to practice RockCrocking in 20XX:

- Select a lvl 1 Captain Falcon or Ganondorf CPU
- Go to YS, DL, or FoD
- Get the CPU to about 60-70% and then freeze their percentage by pressing Y and up on the d-pad at the same time
- Make sure you are hit yourself to at least 15% so that the CPU's up-b knocks you down so you can tech.
- Send the CPU off the stage with an ftilt or whatever move. Make sure they are far enough away off stage to where it looks like they will have to up-b in order to recover.
- Press right on the d-pad to create a save state right before the CPU is about to double jump.
- Keep pressing left on the d-pad to load the save state you made so that you can keep getting the CPU in the same position to where you just run off and get hit by his up-b.
- Practice RockCrocking.

Heads up: You'll likely have to spam the left d-pad in order to get the CPU to actually be off stage like you had it in the first place. Also note that loading a save state while you are grabbed by Falcon or Ganon's up-b will result in your character model being bounded to the bottom of the opposing character, but you will still be able to move and be completely invisible n ****. Sometimes. This doesn't freeze the game, but if you got the CPU stuck below you, just stomp it a few times until it "dies" and then run off the stage and kill yourself. It should be fine after that. If
you are the one that is stuck on the CPU, just keep upsmashing it to oblivion and then hold in a direction to have your invisible character walk off the stage.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I like to hold up when i hit R, then i can hit A for a uair. Then as soon as the uair comes out, hold forward and hit X then A for extra distance and a dj fair.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
https://youtu.be/PNesMsh7h1Q

Pretty Good set, Doug was one of the best in UK when the game started. I played with him for a few months in southern virgina in 09ish so he has some Ganon experience outside of local Ganons. Teamed with him at Pound 5 but we got beat by m2k/armada and vist/laijin (close) after beating strongbad and someone. Had no idea he's in Idaho now wtf.

More Eikelmann sets

Eikelmann vs Medz
https://youtu.be/BFP9uplGJR0

Eikelmann vs TAI
https://youtu.be/S0CScUTtRCs

Eikelman vs gg7
https://youtu.be/XZFSfVJjVO8

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That ending makes me a bit salty but then again the Ganon was a bit slow to jump and fair. It's on him.
You always gotta space that fair too. I played a ton of puffs yesterday in friendlies and was practicing spacing my fair after a dthrow so much that when Elliot (peach) joined the rotation, i had him beat but whiffed the fair after a dthrow tying to space it perfectly lmao. As if peach might rest me lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Was the one from fort myers Hitomi? cause if it is, sounds like you played a buncha weenie puff jrs.
No, hitomi is will, he's from weston. LOL wtf are you saying? I say I played against a ton of puffs and you come and say they must have all sucked? Maybe you should show up next week and find out for yourself.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
When you guys use side-b vs fox, and you're holding down for an ASDI grab (since side-b is pretty good at forcing them to hit you near the peak of their shorthop and make an aerial punishable), do you ever react between down and in versus down and away based on whether or not you see their dash? I just started doing this and my ASDI grab game got a little better.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
What would the dash indicate?

Speaking of ASDI, I don't really do it with side-b too often, mainly cause I just don't side-b much. But I'm trying to do it more with shield grabs. It's kind of like an option select, in case I think they will interupt it with something I can punish with ASDI/CC.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
When you guys use side-b vs fox, and you're holding down for an ASDI grab (since side-b is pretty good at forcing them to hit you near the peak of their shorthop and make an aerial punishable), do you ever react between down and in versus down and away based on whether or not you see their dash? I just started doing this and my ASDI grab game got a little better.
Sounds like you're buffering the inputs, but usually I try to hold downward and in (towards the fox) coupled with mashing A to get the first available frame.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I still feel like side-B'ing like that in general isn't a good idea cause most players will try to grab you instead of hit you.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Sounds like you're buffering the inputs, but usually I try to hold downward and in (towards the fox) coupled with mashing A to get the first available frame.
But if they dash, they'll be behind you and your grab will miss. I guess you could say any input is buffered if it's for ASDI, you have to be holding it before the end of hitlag.

RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM I'm not saying use side-b as a go-to, but man, you play some good foxes if they simply react with grab often lmao.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What would the dash indicate?

Speaking of ASDI, I don't really do it with side-b too often, mainly cause I just don't side-b much. But I'm trying to do it more with shield grabs. It's kind of like an option select, in case I think they will interupt it with something I can punish with ASDI/CC.
I would switch to down and away (preferably close to perfect wd angle) if I saw them dash to counter them crossing me up.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
But if they dash, they'll be behind you and your grab will miss. I guess you could say any input is buffered if it's for ASDI, you have to be holding it before the end of hitlag.
Oh ok, I think I get what you're saying; well if that's the case, then side-b should hit them horizontally in the other direction if they're dashing towards you, then you should have enough time to maybe turnaround grab/jab/tilts. Grab probably being the most optimal because of the potential damage output (i.e combos) or 2nd best case scenario which would be a tech chase setup.

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Also, I think you'd have to ASDI down and slightly forward (towards fox) but you'd have to have the input already registered by the time the the side-b is ready to hit. Kinda goes back to the whole buffering thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom