• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Coastward

Smash Lord
gonna get some new footage for you guys soon, i actually miss being on here lol.

also, anyone reach big house and need a teammate?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo **** hurricanes. They can hit 500 miles away and still eventually go right over my house in NC.

Cape Hatteras, the hurricane magnet.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yo **** hurricanes. They can hit 500 miles away and still eventually go right over my house in NC.

Cape Hatteras, the hurricane magnet.
Yeah it rained a ton in Charlotte too. The main water line in my apartment complex broke, don't know if the correlation means causation here, but I wouldn't be surprised. It was like a monsoon.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Right. And maybe I'm just bad for assuming pp levels of reactions, skill, conditioning, and such, but like... Idk that **** was demoralizing. He didn't. Miss. And eventually he'd tipper fsmash out if it and no matter where I started if I got off stage it was over.

I just get triggered when I think of top level marth... Junior/senior year was great times and terrible times lmao
I think what most people are saying is that you won't have to face such a strong punish game from the majority of Marths if you mix up your techs properly.

But I also think it's important to acknowledge the true nature of the matchup/punish game Marth has on Ganon to succeed in that matchup and in general.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Cape Hatteras is the **** though. Love me some outer banks
It's a hidden gem like Ganondorf. Few realize and recognize its greatness

On the real it's only gonna blow like 40-50 tomorrow. **** is nothing. I've been almost neck deep with 100mph winds at my face doing my dad's commercial fishing gear from floating away (hurricane Dennis 1999). I've done the smooth criminal lean into 70-75mph (sustained) winds lmao.

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
I won my first local today (I was 2nd seed), and will post vods when they are ready. Got some really good stuff versus marth and ics. Also I'm probably going to genesis 4, and hope I can meet some of you guys to level up my ganon more.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
Went to my first tournament today, it's nice to have stuff within an hour for once.

http://moal.challonge.com/MoaL122MeleeSingles, tagged as 20$$ cause I have no clue what to use as a tag yet. Went 3-2 in sets; one guy dipped halfway right before in winners.

I beat two sheiks along the way and 4stocked a marth, but played like ass vs spacies. Need to work on not doing stupid unsafe **** on people's shields, probably 90% of the reason I lost the games that I did.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
4 feet deep in my yard. Got some pics and vids before it got too gnarly. No wifi but I'll be uploading vids of Cadillacs pushing thru 2.5 feet of water on my YouTube. RIP cars

Parked my truck on a hill, tide came up to the bottom of my ballin ass 20" rims. Close one. **** is finally going down some.

**** hurricanes.

IMG_1646.jpg

IT IS SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THIS PIC NOW

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I picked up Falco yesterday. Now I play Falcon Ganon shiek fox Falco (+ tiny bit of Marth)

Probably not a good idea

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I play them in friendlies, basically. For tournament it's like 60%Falcon/30%Ganon/10%fox

Though I'm considering going all Falco tomorrow

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
What characters are prominent in your region and which ones do you play Ganon for?

W Waldoring vidz from moal?
I'll play fox against some players that destroy my ganon/Falcon (some shieks and foxes), otherwise it's either Falcon or Ganon, mostly Falcon these days, but I'll switch off between them depending on how it's going.

I don't use any good strategy, mostly who I feel like playing at the time.

Edit: oh, and my region is full of Falco/fox, a lot of Marth as well.

Last edited:

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
-ACE- -ACE- No videos despite having 82 entrants and being (relatively) stacked for a weekly. I'll remember to get the phone cam going next week.

I've spent so much time labbing without actually playing people; there's a clear problem when I can Pseudodash but still get shieldgrabbed ~3 times per stock. I'm pretty confident that I'll be improving a ton each week though, aiming for top 8 next time (shouldn't be as stacked; lots of extra people this time because of 200BPM).

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
B Bwmat man, you can def play Ganon/Falcon vs fox, especially falcon. The importance of playing good neutral is stronger with Ganon but doable until a top or high level fox learns the specifics of the matchup. To this day linguini has the best neutral vs fox, reference his vids. And of course you've got wizzy/s2j/n0ne for falcon.

Just remembered n0ne actually lost to dark recently at a Colombian tourney. Imho he was sandbagging tho... Nothing was recorded after WF too, he could've won.

W Waldoring what character is shieldgrabbing you and in what situation? When and where is 200bpm?

tm

Smash Ace
B Bwmat man, you can def play Ganon/Falcon vs fox, especially falcon. The importance of playing good neutral is stronger with Ganon but doable until a top or high level fox learns the specifics of the matchup. To this day linguini has the best neutral vs fox, reference his vids. And of course you've got wizzy/s2j/n0ne for falcon.

Just remembered n0ne actually lost to dark recently at a Colombian tourney. Imho he was sandbagging tho... Nothing was recorded after WF too, he could've won.

W Waldoring what character is shieldgrabbing you and in what situation? When and where is 200bpm?
LOL he's talking about dizz

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I do play them against fox, but especially with Ganon, there's some fox players that make me want to ragequit the game when I play the matchup. They've figured out my ganon

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I do play them against fox, but especially with Ganon, there's some fox players that make me want to ragequit the game when I play the matchup. They've figured out my ganon
Damn it!!! **** them lol. I want to mm these guys. See how they like the cg and uthrow trap lol

tm

Smash Ace
Nah Waldoring was just making a wobbling joke

EDIT: nvm

Last edited:

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
-ACE- -ACE- Mostly spacies, but also sheik ofc. 90% of the time it was from me dairing/fairing shield without spacing it correctly. I had no problem recognizing this, reprogramming myself will take time though.

200BPM was also a regional yesterday about 10 minutes from MOAL; lots of extra players from Ohio. I didn't run into dizzkid in bracket, but I got to play a few hours of friendlies with all of the comparatively big names there (Abate, borp, thelake, dizzkid). 6 hours of melee with good people was definitely worth $2 lol.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
https://www.twitch.tv/umlsmash/v/87216376?sr=a

Vs Marth at 1:43:30
Vs Fox at 2:08

Lemme know what you think. I did some lh uair regrab edgeguards on Marth that I'm proud of. Gotta work on my oos game and just being faster in general. That and wall jump tech. And punishing rolls... I keep messing up my reads. Idk how some of you guys are so good at baiting roll in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom