• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Your replies bring a tear to my eye. I love it. I think sticking with untechable stomp is a good idea, regardless of if is untechable or not it seems to work pretty ****ing good. Honestly there is plenty of stuff in theory that works and doesn't work but in practice is a lot different. In regards to the stomp, even if the get the frame perfect tech and avoid it, can the other player reliably do that every time? No.
I'm not as hateful as I come off online (here). Ask ANYONE about me IRL. I just call it like it is and burn people that aren't nice about ****.

Glennwood

Smash Cadet
NNID
nuclearglenn
I'm not as hateful as I come off online (here). Ask ANYONE about me IRL. I just call it like it is and burn people that aren't nice about ****.
I don't even see it as hateful, man if you flamed me for something similar I'd just think "Yeah, he's been doing this for awhile fair enough" Not trying to come off as an ass kiss or a fanboy, just respect my elders my man. Its all in good fun and this is all about improving Ganon. i've learned a hell of a lot the past while just lurking for months. Improved my Ganon ten fold. I more looking forward to gittin gud so I can't actually theory craft options rather than just blasting out questions. Speaking of which. Would you consider a ledge canceled stomp into a wizards foot an alright option? I've gotten it to work fairly consistently against who I play against but I'm worried a savvier player can get out of it. I usually implement it on Yoshi's and BF.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't even see it as hateful, man if you flamed me for something similar I'd just think "Yeah, he's been doing this for awhile fair enough" Not trying to come off as an *** kiss or a fanboy, just respect my elders my man. Its all in good fun and this is all about improving Ganon. i've learned a hell of a lot the past while just lurking for months. Improved my Ganon ten fold. I more looking forward to gittin gud so I can't actually theory craft options rather than just blasting out questions. Speaking of which. Would you consider a ledge canceled stomp into a wizards foot an alright option? I've gotten it to work fairly consistently against who I play against but I'm worried a savvier player can get out of it. I usually implement it on Yoshi's and BF.
You can ask me anything man I got you to the best of my ability.

Ian, I'm stealing that tryhard mindset vs Marth. Sandbagging only gets you so far.

:denzel:

Last edited:

Toa Idar

Banned via Warnings
Im going to take this opportunity to post my match on page 666 :denzel:

Issi vs Toa: https://youtu.be/ts3037nWpwc
Issi is ranked over me, but it was a really close set.

Really tight comeback on game 4!
Would love to get som critique on my play.
I see some of my flaws like my attempted grabs on shiek up-b endlag and D-air OoS.

Pretty close set, but I ****ed up big time on game 2 and 5.

Last edited:

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Im going to take this opportunity to post my match on page 666 :denzel:

Issi vs Toa: https://youtu.be/ts3037nWpwc
Issi is ranked over me, but it was a really close set.

Really tight comeback on game 4!
Would love to get som critique on my play.
I see some of my flaws like my attempted grabs on shiek up-b endlag and D-air OoS.

Pretty close set, but I ****ed up big time on game 2 and 5.
Whats up! I remember you when you fought my Roy!(Ganon's Dair hurts!) I'll watch your set later.

Mr.Cochise

Smash Cadet
Im happy that I'm finally starting to do better against Falcon. Played against 4%'s Falcon and got double two stocked.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Wish Locke hadnt deleted that because that was one of the funniest posts I've seen on smashboards in a minute

Not gonna lie I kind of miss seeing shvt talk itt. Not the "this player is not good" or the "I will crush you" kind of shvt talk. But the "you are mentally deficient" kind of shvt talk super sight and others brought here.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wish Locke hadnt deleted that because that was one of the funniest posts I've seen on smashboards in a minute

Not gonna lie I kind of miss seeing shvt talk itt. Not the "this player is not good" or the "I will crush you" kind of shvt talk. But the "you are mentally deficient" kind of shvt talk super sight and others brought here.
LOL it's honestly entertaining.

Here's ACE in a nutshell...

https://youtu.be/ImOrRkBGh2A

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process

I didn't delete anything lol. It's still there, just check back a page.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
^ ok

MY BENCH PRESS IS BIGGER THAN KAGE'S
I used to bench 340 and rep 315 weighing 180-185, guarantee 250 would be heavy as hell now lol. I recently saw a YouTuber, "UFpwrlifter" some guy at University of Florida weigh in at 153 and do 410 RAW, no spot, pause at chest. ****ing insanity.

I entered a few competitions for bench press at UNC (no athletes allowed), best I ever got was 5th. Some guys were just unbeatable freaks, and some guys were just better than me.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I used to bench 340 and rep 315 weighing 180-185, guarantee 250 would be heavy as hell now lol. I recently saw a YouTuber, "UFpwrlifter" some guy at University of Florida weigh in at 153 and do 410 RAW, no spot, pause at chest. ****ing insanity.

I entered a few competitions for bench press at UNC (no athletes allowed), best I ever got was 5th. Some guys were just unbeatable freaks, and some guys were just better than me.
I'm ****ing weak as **** atm. I'll become the strongest!!

lusiandog

Smash Rookie

I focus mainly on OHP, I feel it would have a better carry over into football than the flat bench

Diosama

Stand User

I'm at 135 for reps atm, not too shabby considering I weigh 142

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I don't even exercise lol. I just walk my dog around the neighborhood every day and sometimes ride my bike. I'm not a fan of lifting weights, but I do like the soreness you get after you exercise. Something about it feels good, but it can also be annoying lol

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
The first three frames, the hitbox is a lot bigger and does 14%, covers the entire shoulder, after that the box shrinks and does 10%. Knockback will decrease (simply because kb is calculated after the % change), but I don't know how different the factors are between early and late hits.

But yeah, from a technical standpoint, combo extension will be almost exclusively from the weak hit.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
Reverse strong dash attack combos into almost anything so long as the opponent doesn't DI down and away; on spacies, stomp at 40 -> r. dash attack -> nair -> fair is possible.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The first three frames, the hitbox is a lot bigger and does 14%, covers the entire shoulder, after that the box shrinks and does 10%. Knockback will decrease (simply because kb is calculated after the % change), but I don't know how different the factors are between early and late hits.

But yeah, from a technical standpoint, combo extension will be almost exclusively from the weak hit.
That wasn't a weak hit, it was a strong late hit, probably reverse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom