• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Good **** to all the ganons at your tourneys this weekend. I hope things get uploaded to the tube soon.

After watching goml I still think n0ne has some of the best Ganon movement. His aggressive use of shai and shield drops are what I'm training for. Really good stuff. I think other Ganons like Spider Sense have more intelligent platform movement. But both movement styles bring something to the table everyone can learn from.

Also perfect wavedashing is faster than dash and run. Obviously it's more committal. But for covering ground quickly when you don't need to worry about reacting to something, it's better. I really only see n0ne doing this consistently.

Diosama

Stand User
Good **** to all the ganons at your tourneys this weekend. I hope things get uploaded to the tube soon.

After watching goml I still think n0ne has some of the best Ganon movement. His aggressive use of shai and shield drops are what I'm training for. Really good stuff. I think other Ganons like Spider Sense have more intelligent platform movement. But both movement styles bring something to the table everyone can learn from.

Also perfect wavedashing is faster than dash and run. Obviously it's more committal. But for covering ground quickly when you don't need to worry about reacting to something, it's better. I really only see n0ne doing this consistently.
After this weekend, I wanna play like n0ne.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
WD is very good as a preemptive means of creating options. DD is actually really good, and since the dash range isn't that long, you should wd whenever practical so that you can dd where you'd want to. n0ne is definitely the best at dd into wd into immediate dd, something we should all practice.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
Don't forget to dash perfect wd if you're going for maximum ground speed; it's hard to get perfect but it's faster than just wavedashing.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Wanted I could definitely see where you're coming from after that set vs hugs. The way he was using dash dancing and wavedash pivots certainly was intimidating. I know hugs felt the fear lol.

What n0ne does really well with the big man is he never stops moving. I think spidey has the fast fall and waveland timings down etc but n0ne is literally always moving. Hard to quantify "best" movement.

-ACE- -ACE- I might money match him as long as it gets streamed. If not, it'll probably just be an up tilt fest lol

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
macd set was so stupid lmao, i played him in friendlies the next day was getting him down to 1 stock like every match.

i got chaingrabbed out of bracket unfortunately, but i feel myself improving. definitely gonna study some more and hopefully i wont buster out next time.

Diosama

Stand User
Toph believes Ganon's neutral is a gimmick. This is like casuals saying wavedashing is cheating.

Wavelanding and spacing moves are not gimmicks.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol. N0ne's ganon certainly looks cool, but I didn't really see anything innovating tbh. Hugs lookin lost vs ganon lol looks like he was getting rekt by all the gimmicks.

Moving around that much would get him ****ing bodied against characters like fox/falco and people who actually know how to fight ganon.

N0ne's falcon, on the other hand, is beast!

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Wanted I could definitely see where you're coming from after that set vs hugs. The way he was using dash dancing and wavedash pivots certainly was intimidating. I know hugs felt the fear lol.

What n0ne does really well with the big man is he never stops moving. I think spidey has the fast fall and waveland timings down etc but n0ne is literally always moving. Hard to quantify "best" movement.

-ACE- -ACE- I might money match him as long as it gets streamed. If not, it'll probably just be an up tilt fest lol
I said "some of the best". Basically I think a combination of spidey, n0ne, and a little bit of bizz with your ledge tech would be the ultimate movement ganon.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BneNGdlOQ1FetEVPQTPBL3L2LAs6tdoc-NtvPz7Urkw/edit?usp=sharing

Hit another milestone in my Falco chaingrab research. This time I did the testing starting from the 61 to 82 (or 54 to 75 prior to throw damage). This is the percent range where Ganon has to start dash jc grabbing Falco on DI away up to where he can start doing wizard foot to hit DI away.

For the most part at this percent range, Ganon does not need to dash jc grab Falco when he fully DIs in. However, you will notice the gap between the frame window for this starts to shrink over time, even though both are possible for the entire range. Toward the end of this percent range, it is actually easier to start dash jc grabbing DI behind.

The next step will be to test slight DI. At this range, you will have to be able to distinguish between full DI away and slight DI away. And toward the end, you will have to distinguish between full DI in and slight DI in. I'm going to find the max DI Falco has to use at each percent to force you to dash jc grab.

After that, I'll be testing the chaingrab at the higher percents and the various KO setups on different DI. You'll see blank sections on down-b and ftilt setups.

Oh and I've got more pics. Still thinking about how I'm going to identify the visual cue frame. I'll also have to take pics of the slight DIs and work them in when applicable. I think I might set up a test or something where I present the various DI options at a percent and frame and ask people to identify which DI they think it is. I could then look at the percentage of correct responses for each frame at each percent and determine when people, on average, can tell the difference between DI.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Wow such great research, I wish I had the ability to do things like that xD thankyou for your work.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol. N0ne's ganon certainly looks cool, but I didn't really see anything innovating tbh. Hugs lookin lost vs ganon lol looks like he was getting rekt by all the gimmicks.

Moving around that much would get him ****ing bodied against characters like fox/falco and people who actually know how to fight ganon.

N0ne's falcon, on the other hand, is beast!
Lol wtf, I told him to use Ganon vs Hugs specifically he's not a Ganon main obviously. There's no reason for him to use Ganon for spacies, that's suicide.

Linguini

Smash Master
I never said he should use ganon vs spacies kage lol you misunderstood me. I'm saying ganon certainly should not be played like that vs other character/players. But yeah, hugs is trash vs ganon; he always has been..I remember bodying him back in the day.

Only thing i'm stealing from n0ne are those crispy shield drops...def something I need to work on

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I thought Linguini knew how to crush Falcos. =P Even right now I still say hes amazing at the Falco matchup to whoever asks about "best ganon stuff"

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'd put money on porkchops beating any other Ganon, and linguini's had the edge on him past 5 tourneys or so, he just doesn't go Ganon enough.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Good vods fam

-ACE- -ACE- the NIL tech chase tricks you're doing are nice. I've been trying to do that as a mixup in my games lately and it works really well. I think a good mixup to the grab is to dash shai drop uair if they start buffering shield drop or something to get out of there before the grab. Worked a few times for me.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol kage I still crush spacies.

I beat clay most of the time actually. It's not like I went marth to counterpick him lol.versus tournies are just weeklies; it's not uncommon for me to try other characters for experimentation and fun

Top Bottom