• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwLL2kPB1NI

This guy is really good, but I hate when I lose to him.(which is usually). Watch me throw away games 2 and 3 with silly flubs.
biggest thing i saw you miss that would have made your spacing harder to read is wd oos. you need that even for lasers that arent spaced close cause that shffl flacos do changes if you wd oos durning lasers and change the spacing. a cross over can become a shield grab and a spaced aerial can be completely avoided. even if they dont get on the offensive youve become a moving target and they need to readjust to not get too close if they dont want to.

btw wild ps is there a secret or a certain mindset you use when psing?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree about the lack of dair to grab. I've been starting to do that more, but not this set obviously. going to try to use wd oos more as well.

For the power shields, I guess I'm just good at it (maybe because my region is full of falcos)

On an unrelated topic, I've been thinking, if you wanted to be lame, couldn't ganon camp the **** out of the ledge using regrab invincibility + invincible ledgehop Uair regrab (is this actually fully invincible?) to prevent your opponent from stealing it ?

I think it could be on par with jiggly's edge whoring.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The uair itself is 33 frames and invincibility is 30. All hitboxes are INV but it's easily punished by someone onstage. Obviously if you hit them they can't do much tho lol

Only ledgedrop ff dj and RLD ff are INV.

Edit: got quad stomp to finisher on porkchops tonight, 2 trip stomps (finished one) also. Lmao. Stomp city

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I feel kind of dumb that yesterday I just started to use ftilt more in neutral. I started using it because I was thinking my jab was just a bit too short, and I was getting reads on my opponents movement in neutral, and so I wanted to try ftilt more. Turns out it does a lot more for me than just push the opponent away. Holy crap I forgot how good its range is. It's like I forgot that I even had that move. I did a bunch more wavelands and wavedashes forward into ftilt and it really reaches far. I definitely need to remember that I have ftilt at my disposal because I often try to attack with aerials or jabs, and hardly ever ftilts... lol I feel like this should be basic stuff.

Seriously, wavedash forward or back into ftilt is super good. It's your most forward reaching move when it's angled normally, actually outreaching fair most of the time. I should probably also be using up-angled ftilt more in neutral against more than just Falcon, cause that can also be anti-air besides just using upair and fair. Definitely wanting to practice this more today.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ground game takes such a while to learn. Along with the constant struggle to maximize your mobility, reaction time and decision making are put to a huge test. I wish I had a dollar for every time I used ftilt and wished I would've jabbed (or the other way around). Choosing the correct move to maintain a defensive wall or to continue offensive pressure is super important. Tipper hitboxes are usually the goal. Jab, ftilt(s), uair, and bair. Having a strong ground game will make them jump more, which can open the door for baiting out jumps which are easily punished with a fp uair scoop. Pivots help so much. Still grinding that ****

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree about the lack of dair to grab. I've been starting to do that more, but not this set obviously. going to try to use wd oos more as well.

For the power shields, I guess I'm just good at it (maybe because my region is full of falcos)

On an unrelated topic, I've been thinking, if you wanted to be lame, couldn't ganon camp the **** out of the ledge using regrab invincibility + invincible ledgehop Uair regrab (is this actually fully invincible?) to prevent your opponent from stealing it ?

I think it could be on par with jiggly's edge whoring.
If you're good at it get in the habit of punishing Falco's rising aerials on shield with jab after the powershield. Or you can use side-b/up-b also to punish him he pushes you far enough away after the aerial BEFORE the shine.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Try to speed up. Try to dash or wd immediately out of lag/moves consistently. It'll be much harder for fox to land perfectly spaced approaches.

Get a little more aggressive edgeguarding but know your limits based on the situation. The one time I saw you try to punish his up-b (previously he had used up-b way too close to the stage unpunished) he was too high up and it put you in a weird spot.

Only saw first vid so far.

Last edited:

Lazzarrath

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips! I definitely let him get away with some sloppy up-b's. I'm not really sure what to do against the super high recoveries since it feels like they have so many potential angles, should I just try to read the high recovery and force them to respect it and go lower?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
In most situations you're just trying to cover the fastest option, illusion sweetspot attempt. After you cover this with uair, you have time to low ftilt his up-b if he up-b'd and went high instead. Don't read stuff so often. Cover all options instead.

With edgeguarding you're just waiting for the other person to do something too soon that you can punish. Once you let him know that he can't up-b close to stage anymore he'll be forced to start using illusion and punishable up-b angles.

I'm losing my train of thought lol :smash: :beer:

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Any chance I could get some advice on these two sets I lost?

https://youtu.be/F2zpTt1jGVo?t=4m11s

https://youtu.be/sAwD_i9jc64?t=13m50s

I don't really know how to deal with fox's pressure other than just rolling away and I can't figure out how to approach grounded foxes either since normally I just do a lot of sh upairs and try to catch their jumps, I think I should be using bair more.
Looks like you should be implementing crouch cancel / ASDI down more at low %, there were quite a few weak hit bairs / nairs that could have been CC grabbed. Work a little more on your tech chases as well. That dsmash only covers 3/4 options at certain spacings (even though I also **** it up), and you were also a little off on the timing.

Also, always be aware of what your opponent is doing. For example, the first fox didn't side-b once. Not a single time. If fox / falco didn't have side-b as an option for recovery, their recovery would SUCK. The reason it would suck is because you can just jump out there, wait for the up-b, and then react with a free up air / fair.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Random tip: You cannot truly pressure fox with bair unless you are bair'ing close to FP. Bair asap and fastfall asap for AC every time (also can hit), except for situations that call for a non-fastfalled bair. Otherwise, your bair hitbox is emerging near the peak of your shorthop, and fox is too short for that ****.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I hate when the bair goes over fox like that.

The only thing more infuriating is when you get scooped by falcon's side b

Renth

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to usmash and dsmash in neutral, and stomp to usmash at med% lol.
Stomp, Charge up smash kills spacies off the top of most stages at medium percentages. More effecive than f air into edge guard attempt. I've done it to many space animal mains who claim to be mashing jump but they can't avoid the up smash that killed them, down air, they miss the DI, almost full charge up smash they fall into it and die. It works. I have evidence.

Also, down smash is godlike. really really godlike.

Last edited:

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
When you go to grab puff but she crouches and punishes with rest and then you die, come back and volcano kick her.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
tm tm I'm taking your advice to start jc grabbing around 30% when chaingrabbing sheik. For the first time in my life recently I whiffed turnaround grab vs a sheik DI'ing full behind. She was at only 28%. Something to do with her tumble animation at that percent and when I inputted the grab. Usually if they DI full behind at 43% (or less) turnaround grab works just fine, but after seeing this I'll be jc grabbing full DI sooner to be sure.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
I'm really bad at the points where you have to JC grab in front but turnaround grab behind (for sheik as well as spacies), but I'm pretty good when it's just normal/turnaround grab or JC grab in front/behind.
So I historically JC grab sheik DI behind starting from the 2nd dthrow LOL. It's just easier for me. Trying to break the habit and do whatever gives me the most frames of error regardless of how used to it I am.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'm really bad at the points where you have to JC grab in front but turnaround grab behind (for sheik as well as spacies), but I'm pretty good when it's just normal/turnaround grab or JC grab in front/behind.
So I historically JC grab sheik DI behind starting from the 2nd dthrow LOL. It's just easier for me. Trying to break the habit and do whatever gives me the most frames of error regardless of how used to it I am.
I have no idea if this works, but I think boost grabbing may work against characters that can crouch under grabs. Someone test this out plz

-ACE- -ACE- Omw bro lol

Top Bottom