• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Made it to round 2 despite playing kinda scrubby imo. A few really sweet moments but I wasn't happy with my play overall. I need to pressure peach more intelligently and grab more. I can wall her out fine. Lol I need sleep

Edit: I had a few people in the crowd calling me lame for chaingrabbing SHEIK. saying it's banned in most tourneys Lmfao. Gotta love it.
People encourage sheik to chain grab.
People discourage ganon.

**** people.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
People discourage ganon.

**** people.
I think most people don't like sheik, the best part of playing ganon is normally having the crowd on your side. How did your pools go?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I lost to uuaa, literally could not do half of my techs (he was aware). My controller just wouldn't register certain inputs. I noticed game 1 (couldn't even ledgedash.........), and for game 2, I asked if anyone watching (10 ppl) if I could borrow a controller and they all just stared at me. I would not have made it out of round 1 had 3 people not graciously lended me their controller for a match/set. Roughly 240th place? Lol.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
People discourage ganon.

**** people.
Both me and Ace are big proponents of the CG. Ace thinks you should learn it where it's applicable for your raw reaction time, and it's mainly contingent on sleep/stress, etc. I am more of a believer in just practicing it until you don't even need to think about it--which takes an extremely long time to do, and requires endless practice which most of us don't want to grind 1-2 hours on a frame perfect CG. Ace's method is probably more sane, but I'm a strong believer in Magus :D

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The thing about it, is that you can't REALLY get it to the point of where you can't think about it. Recognizing and reacting to 4 different DI's has no place in muscle memory. The CG on Falco is a very different animal than the one on sheik.

Edit: what am I saying, I'm 2 mins away from motorboating a hooker.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I've almost gotten there once when I was practicing it 2+ hours a day. Or at least I felt like it. I perserverate on stuff. I used to practice just wavelanding for hours every day when I was bored. I am going to start practicing again just to see how far I can go with him, but you're probably right. Still when I was practicing it a lot it just felt like a little minigame and not like melee at all (felt like I was breaking the game). It's odd.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LMAO I'm with wanted. spider_sense, Ian, kage, and bizz outplaced me and I was one win away from top 10% at the biggest smash tourney ever, lol. If you think of it that way all of us did well. And tm/pseudo had a harder pool than me *cough* blea *cough*

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
LMAO I'm with wanted. spider_sense, Ian, kage, and bizz outplaced me and I was one win away from top 10% at the biggest smash tourney ever, lol. If you think of it that way all of us did well. And tm/pseudo had a harder pool than me *cough* blea *cough*
Where did they place?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'm glad I got to play Spidey, even if for only a couple matches. Good **** to n0ne for bodying all of us lol. And good **** to Ian for beating n0ne!

Dart's marth IS insanely good. He's very tricky with his spacing and his ability to completely download a player in 1-2 stocks continues to impress me. Getting the 3-1 vs n0ne is no joke either.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
I got confused as to which ganon was me.

Moral of the story: blue ganon doesn't counterpick purple ganon. At least, not without a tag.

I also 2 or 3 stocked swiftbass, too bad that wasn't recorded
That was my pool leader if I had gone, you should have gone with my tag and made it out lol

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
That was my pool leader if I had gone, you should have gone with my tag and made it out lol
Lol god damn it. And here tm and I were with blea and zephyr. Had I known I could've played a marth and potentially made first seed...

Ah well. Next year then.
Guys i really wanna play. Anyone with a setup? Prolly gonna mm the fl falcons too
Sorry dude, I'm already back in Chi otherwise I would.

Nice seeing all the old buddies again and nice meeting you, Spidey. See y'all at big house! (Hopefully)

Edit: that Mark matchup tho

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Would've made first seed if that was any sort of good indicator. That's a little bogus, but it's cool, I'll get them next year. I need to convince more people to play marth so I can bop them lol.

Yo and I forgot to tell you (you're gonna be pissed lol). When I got to the hotel, we got upgraded from four people in a one bedroom tiny ass room to a king suite. Totally could've fit you with us :(

If only we'd known beforehand.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
The dream is dead boys. My wonky ass controller that allowed me to perfect pivot super consistently has died. It wouldn't register downward analog inputs half the time, so I would mess up crouch cancels and fast falls. Now I have to learn a new controller ;.;

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The dream is dead boys. My wonky *** controller that allowed me to perfect pivot super consistently has died. It wouldn't register downward analog inputs half the time, so I would mess up crouch cancels and fast falls. Now I have to learn a new controller ;.;
SAME, almost exactly. Pissed but I've had better before, I'll find a better one.

In my case it started ****ting the bed early into Evo round 1 lol. Also plup somehow spilled beer in his controller before top 8 started and it wasn't the same. Sucks.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Sucks about your controllers, guys. I think they $35 ones on amazon are well worth the money though.

One thing I wanted to say about the luigi matchup after playing Blea Gelo: the matches we played (only ~3 of them) were all pretty close (down to last stock), I think due to the fact that I have a lot of good luigi experience in Chicago, but he won all of them. I still think that the matchup is pretty heavily in ganon's favor and the reason he was able to beat me was because he's just a better player in general. Though the matchup is in ganon's favor, I will say, playing a luigi who knows the matchup is a pretty scary thing.

Like you said, Dave, NO spam vs. Blea. That **** just doesn't work, you can jab and he'll wavedash in and punish the cool down time. You really have to guess when he's coming in and stick to ftilts due to the range and speed. Jab is fast, but not enough range. Dtilt has range, but it's too laggy.

He's very tricky with his recoveries, too. Edge guarding luigi is still pretty easy, but he landed more edge guards than I did lmao.

Top Bottom