• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
What do you mean? She can't take ledge unless you get off of it, and I'm saying don't get off of it until you have visual confirmation that she'll land onstage. Doing ledgehop at that moment still puts you onstage before stand from ledge during the poof would as far as I can tell.
Oh nvm man, I just misread your post. Yeah, you're totally right. If she's too far away to hit you, just waiting with ledge invincibility and then ledge hopping up once she lands would be the best option.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Can back air cover sweetspot? Some knowledgeable smashers were trying to tell me it does but I thought only reverse uair and stomp could.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Can back air cover sweetspot? Some knowledgeable smashers were trying to tell me it does but I thought only reverse uair and stomp could.
If you're asking if it can hit below the ledge, I believe it can, but only just barely. You have to manipulate your ECB in such a way that allows you do have your bair angled really low... or something like that. Or maybe it's just a timing thing. I don't think even the lowest possible bair can hit a true sweetspot below the ledge though. (yeah i know, sounds contradictory)

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I'm looking for some advice on the Sheik MU. I'm constantly getting destroyed by it, any tips or tricks I can implement to even the playing field a bit?
Most important thing to attempt is to grab sheik and chain-grab her. You can space a SHFFL f-air her shield outside of her grab range and then f-tilt her.

To counter her approach, throw out some low angled forward tilt.

To botch her recovery, just hold onto the ledge and regrab the ledge right before sheik poofs so the poof doesn't hit you, then just normal get up from ledge (slightly flick up on your control stick gently). If Sheik recovers onto the stage, just run past her and b-air her off the stage.

If Sheik is spamming needles, just lightshield and wave-dash OOS towards her. She gives up her position on stage when she mindlessly throws needles against you.

Glennwood

Smash Cadet
NNID
nuclearglenn
Most important thing to attempt is to grab sheik and chain-grab her. You can space a SHFFL f-air her shield outside of her grab range and then f-tilt her.

To counter her approach, throw out some low angled forward tilt.

To botch her recovery, just hold onto the ledge and regrab the ledge right before sheik poofs so the poof doesn't hit you, then just normal get up from ledge (slightly flick up on your control stick gently). If Sheik recovers onto the stage, just run past her and b-air her off the stage.

If Sheik is spamming needles, just lightshield and wave-dash OOS towards her. She gives up her position on stage when she mindlessly throws needles against you.
Thanks, I'll start applying this when I play. I just get flustered playing her, just one of those matches where nothing goes my way (depending how good the Sheik is obviously) I need to get out of my own head and start using some of these strats. A lot of the Sheiks I see around here would fall for the grabs and love their needles a bit too much. I hope to get a lot of practice in and hopefully take some locals with Ganon. Show them the king of evil means business :p

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thanks, I'll start applying this when I play. I just get flustered playing her, just one of those matches where nothing goes my way (depending how good the Sheik is obviously) I need to get out of my own head and start using some of these strats. A lot of the Sheiks I see around here would fall for the grabs and love their needles a bit too much. I hope to get a lot of practice in and hopefully take some locals with Ganon. Show them the king of evil means business :p
I got you homie, Bizz's advice is spot on actually. Here's how I combat a good sheik (even though Pi is still learning the character I think) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVmYBACOVI <---Hopefully you can take something from this match and why you should never give up. :)

Glennwood

Smash Cadet
NNID
nuclearglenn
Thanks for the video, it gave me a few approaching ideas and an idea on how to handle Sheiks. All in all its just a bad match up and an uphill battle but pulling out the win is just that much more satisfying because of it. Also that grab read at 9:00, damn.

-FEMTO-

Smash Rookie
NNID
HappySalesman

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I sure hope some of you Ganon friends watched BUST 2. =)

I found a new punish on Peach's downsmash in a tournament match. I powershielded the downsmash into Ganon downsmash and it actually worked. lol

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I sure hope some of you Ganon friends watched BUST 2. =)

I found a new punish on Peach's downsmash in a tournament match. I powershielded the downsmash into Ganon downsmash and it actually worked. lol
That's a really odd one to try. I'm going to experiment with that. I've done powershield (on float-canceled aerial) to lightshield then buffer the jump to dair/uair.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Big House 5 is early October. Really hoping I won't have an exam around that time.

I should absolutely have the money though. I might even just fly there if I get my plane tickets early enough.

We'll see. It's definitely something I want to attend. A little far out to really plan for it. I'll likely start planning for it in early July.

tm

Smash Ace
Got 3rd out of 42 at a MI local losing twice to Beach (2-3, 1-3). That first set was probably the most intense set I've ever played. Still have a lot of work to do against sheik, but I'm steadily getting better. No vids sadly.

See you all at Big House. (BH5 or bust!)

Last edited:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Thoughts about Armada's Peach now:

1) Camping under the end of the platform is amazing against Ganondorf. So I couldn't waveland off the top platform and b-air him. I should have just been patient and played the ground game.
2) Throws moderate amount of turnips. I should have caught a lot more and used them better.
3) Armada edgeguards Ganondorf really well especially with his turnips
4) His punishes are better than my punishes
5) Dreamland is a big no-no. Thought he was going to stay Fox before I banned Pokemon Stadium

I still got a long way to go. Thank you all for your support.

Top Bottom