• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Watch The Big House 8

How_to_Watch_The_Big_House.png

The Big House 8 is coming this October 5th-7th at the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan and will feature both singles and doubles for Super Smash Bros. 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U, in addition to those games it’ll also have a playable Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Demo in the venue. With notable players like Smash 64’s Dan “SuPeRbOoMfAn” Hoyt , Melee’s William “Leffen” Hjelte, Smash Wii-U’s Leonardo “MkLeo” Lopez and many more in attendance, the tournament is sure to have extremely high level matches for all of the Smash Bros. games there, and if that somehow isn’t enough, reruns from previous The Big House Melee and Smash Wii U Top 8s will be broadcasted as well on October 4th.

Smash Wii U Schedule, all times in EDT:

Melee Schedule, all times in EDT:

• October 4th, Thursday, 9 AM: TBH3 Top 8 Rebroadcast begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 4th, Thursday, 12 PM: TBH4 Top 8 Rebroadcast begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 4th, Thursday, 3 PM: TBH5 Top 8 Rebroadcast begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 4th, Thursday, 6 PM: TBH6 Top 8 Rebroadcast begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 4th, Thursday, 9 PM: TBH7 Top 8 Rebroadcast begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 5th, Friday, 12 PM: Singles begins, VGBootCamp* and EvenMatchupGaming
  • October 5th, Friday, 4 PM: Crews begin, VGBootCamp
  • October 6th, Saturday, 12 PM: Doubles Phase 2 begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 6th, Saturday, 2 PM: Doubles Top 8 begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 6th, Saturday, 6 PM: Singles Phase 2 begins, VGBootCamp
  • October 7th, Sunday, 10 AM: Singles Top 64 begins, VGBootCamp and EvenMatchupGaming
  • October 7th, Sunday, 7 PM: Singles Top 8 begins, VGBootcamp
Smash 64 Schedule, all times in EDT:

* October 5th’s Melee Singles are slated to end for VGBootCamp’s stream at 4 PM while EvenMatchupGaming’s stream will continue broadcasting Melee Singles beyond 4 PM.

The schedule is subject to change so make sure to also check the official website to keep up-to-date.

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

I am very excited to see notable players like Smash 64’s Dan “SuPeRbOoMfAn” Hoyt , Melee’s William “Leffen” Hjelte, Smash Wii-U’s Leonardo “MkLeo” Lopez and many more in attendance at The Big House 8.

Last edited:
There hasn't been a big major event since Shine 2018, so things have been slow lately. Cool to see things pick back up this weekend.

D
Haven't watched a competive tournament in a while. See things every now and then, but these guys will do great no doubt. Good luck to all.

Also enjoy the demo.

I typically just watch 4, but I at least want to watch top 8 of Melee this time around. I also want to watch doubles just because of Armada. I've barely watched him either but what I have seen I've loved.

Can I make a request to anyone going here?

Capture footage of ryu’s shin shoryuken on someone other than a realistically proportioned character. Kirby, mario, sonic, anyone who doesn’t have a realistic body such as falcon.

So far we’ve only had one image of it, used on falcon in the Nintendo official video showing ryu. In that video it’s clear it’s more like it’s sf4 version in how it’s animated on the characters. I’m curious how awkward it might look on someone other than falcon because of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom