• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Foresight?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
How exactly do you use Mythra foresight ability when time slows for a split second ? Is it suppose to be done during just a normal dodge? Im dodging attacks in training mode but nothing is happening. I did it once by accident when dodgeing in the air but its not activating consistently.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Like Bat Within, it's when you get hit by an attack in the frames before you actually become intangible while dodging. Bat Within had the slowest intangibility period on the roster in order to give it this function, and I assume Mythra's dodges might be similarly slow, but Foresight is probably easier to capitalize off of.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Like Bat Within, it's when you get hit by an attack in the frames before you actually become intangible while dodging. Bat Within had the slowest intangibility period on the roster in order to give it this function, and I assume Mythra's dodges might be similarly slow, but Foresight is probably easier to capitalize off of.
Thank you for the reply I never really playted Beyo before so this is new for me.

So are you basically dodging the moment of impact of an attack rather than before the attack hits you? So you actually get hit, then press dodge immediately?

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
No, gist of it is, basically every character has 1-3 frames before their dodges actually grant them intangibility where they will actually get hit and fail to dodge. Bayonetta's dodges are even slower than this, instead activating Bat Within if an attack lands during the first few frames, depending on the specific dodge, which to my knowledge typically led to her being regarded as having the worst dodges because she doesn't really gain anything off of Bat Within activation.

Last edited:

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
No, gist of it is, basically every character has 1-3 frames before their dodges actually grant them intangibility where they will actually get hit and fail to dodge. Bayonetta's dodges are even slower than this, instead activating Bat Within if an attack lands during the first few frames, depending on the specific dodge, which to my knowledge typically led to her being regarded as having the worst dodges because she doesn't really gain anything off of Bat Within activation.
Oh so Foresight is just a dodge but if you get hit within first 1-3 frames of your dodge that are venerable still you active Foresight ability? Is that difficult to pull off? So you just have to be real quick with your dodge to that small windows of 1-3 frames?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
After some pratice I understand it now. Thank you for your help :) The timing has to be very tight like right before they hit you in that 1- 3 frame window.

link2702

Smash Champion
Foresight is less a mechanic to "try" and get "consistently", and more one to try and capitalize on it when you DO get it. Don't focus so much on trying to activate it, and focus more on the optimal punishment you can get on an opponent when you do get it.

I'm not saying it's luck based(it's obviously not) but the window is so tight on activating it that you'll drive yourself crazy trying to consistently get it in a real match.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
You can't really get it consistently on purpose except possibly against multihits and multihit recoveries. But it is helpful to know when it activates and how exactly.

Foresight activates at frame 2 of any roll or dodge. The duration of it varies however. Like it lasts until frame 5 for airdodges and frame 7 for rolls. In which case, you're more likely to get it out of a random roll because it lasts so long there. Buffered airdodges could also activate it if you're in the middle of a combo and your opponent even slightly messes up their timing on the combo. After that, she has normal dodge/roll intangibility. You can see all this information on https://ultimateframedata.com/mythra.php as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom