• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media How To Truly Do Competitive Play

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I noticed how people are doing three stock, 7 minute matches with no items. Well, I'm here to tell everyone, that's not how competitive play works. Like, at all. So I made this forum for how to truly do competitive play.

Step 1: Enter Smash Mode. Once you're there, click the box that says "Create Ruleset."

Step 2: Make the match a timed battle.

Step 3: Set the timer for 7 minutes.

Step 4: Put the stage selection on "Random."

Step 5: Go to the "Items" box. Once you're in the Items Menu, turn off Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, and Master Balls.

Step 6: Set the Item Appearance to "Low."

Step 7: Go to the Advanced Rules menu, and turn Stage Morph on.

Step 8: Set the first stage to morph into the second one at a random amount of time.

Step 9: Turn team attack on.

Step 10: Now that you're down creating your competitive ruleset, press the + button on the right Joy-Con.

Step 11: Name your ruleset "Competitive Play."

Well done, you have made yourself a competitive play ruleset! Now go online, make an arena, and use your new ruleset to have some fun!

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
This ruleset is cursed

Top Bottom