• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to SDI Fox's U-throw U-air and not die

D

Deleted member

no one tell the marth board. I'm happy with them thinking fox beats marth with only upthrow upair somehow.

D1

Banned via Administration
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a month ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

I deem this bump necessary so F*CK OFF!

I ROFLed...mad times.

Ma d00 <3!

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
no one tell the marth board. I'm happy with them thinking fox beats marth with only upthrow upair somehow.
I agree. Let's just tell the Marth Board that Fox's Lasers also are swords. Or something. I don't want them thinking they can beat Fox without being M2K.

Also, add a pole option for "Sticky?"

Also, I think that if more Guides had KK's awesome art skillz, we'd just delete Brawl, and be done with it. KK, you know what must be done. Make a full MS Paint guide that corresponds with CK's Guide. It'll only take you forever. Better start quick!

<_<

Also, unrelated: Canada needs to be closer to MA, so I can play you guys more. Just saying.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Evil Gay Fox is almost the best character in Melee but then Pretty Homo Jigglypuff got hold of this guide and now nobody can kill her.

**** sucks.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
even with amazingly instructional pictures, i still only get it half the time.

maybe i should main demo kirby. it'd be easier that way.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
You'd also be playing DEMO Kirby.

The trade is not TOTALLY worth it.
don't worry, i fixed your typo...

edit: on a serious note, everyone and their mom sdi's out of my up throw uairs when i'm fox but i always see other foxes getting the uairs off on decent players.

is there something fox can do to increase the chance of connecting both uair hits?
maybe i'm doing the uair to slowly or something that gives them more time to react.

sounds dumb now that i typed it, but i'll leave it. ha

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
A lot of people mess up the U-throw Uair by having only the initial hitbox connect because of their own spacing. If you SHFFL Uair under a platform against Marth or something in training mode (forget what levels, try Pokemon Stadium) you can see that you can isolate the move to the first hitbox on hit if you just glance them with the tip of your boots.

If you think they're SDIing almost every single Uair, they're probably not. You're probably not overlapping their body enough with hitbox.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well that's why i don't like to shffl uairs. lol

but as for up throw uair, i just aim for my feet to be inside of them (giggidy).

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted several months ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

This was very helpful and informative.

Top Bottom