• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to recover

Zapato007

Smash Rookie
hi i am a ex Ike main who stopped playing the character because i repeatedly died because i wasn't sure how to recover successfully do you think you can help me a bit ?

Qualk

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
It depends a lot on who you're recovering against and their edge-guarding tendencies but here are some general guidelines:

Air dodge to the ledge whenever you can.

If you can't do that then use Quick Draw, only use Aether if you have to (one exception is against Yoshi, it's harder for him to punish Aether than Quick Draw but don't be predictable).

Alternate snapping to the ledge, going for a hit on them, and landing on the stage or on a platform. If you do the same thing every time you'll get punished.

SAVE YOUR DOUBLE JUMP - this is super important. If you get knocked far, just charge Quick Draw. If something hits you (say a Falco laser) then you'll still have your double jump and will likely be able to recover. If you jumped first you'll be dead.

Aether is very punishable because it doesn't snap to the ledge like other recoveries (Lucina or Inkling for example) so use it at different heights from the stage so your opponent won't have an easy time punishing you.

If you're up a stock and they jump off after you for a greedy edgeguard you can go for a surprise Aether way off-stage and if you catch them in the Aethercide it can be very effective in extending your lead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom