• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish Hypothetical

GingaNinja

Smash Rookie
Hi,
So my question is on marth vs zss
When marth is on the stage with zss recovering from above, I find I have much trouble punishing zss perfect airdodge into the ground. I've taken so much % from this followed by an utilt. I really just either sit below the recovering zss in shield and hope they attack my shield(while I possibly feign an attack and shield last second). I know there have to be other ways to punish this.
If I go for a grab or even a dancing blades for when the zss lands, majority of the time their utilt goes off first.
Overall the perfect airdodge into the ground beats me on other characters as well.
vs Snake (I get ftilt'd or Utilt'd) vs falco etc
Its just super frustrating knowing how my asian friend is gonna recover and not being able to do anything about it besides space away or sit in shield.

Also, random question, should I mostly not forward roll as marth?

C.J.

Smash Master
Q&A thread

But ZSS utilt is frame 3 iirc
That means 2 frames to hit it on startup. Soft landing is 2 frames of lag, hard landing is 4. If they have a soft landing you have 4 frames to punish AD to utilt
6 frames for hard. Just time it better.

Falco jab is frame 2, snake jab is frame 3, snake ftilt is frame 4, snake utilt is frame 6. Follow the above to determine window to punish their AD into each attack

:phone:

Top Bottom