• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice puff alone

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Obviously playing in tournament settings, or at least against other people, is the way a puff player is going to get good. BUT, I'm relatively new to the art of puff, so what can I practice at home to just get more comfortable with her? Execution wise, what are the most important things I need to be able to do consistently?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Practicing Puff alone isn't really possible. There are certain things you can work on, like wavedashing and such if you are new to Puff, but otherwise the only way to get any real practice is to play against other players. Puff is mostly about reading your opponent, and you can't learn that without a proper opponent.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Practicing Puff alone isn't really possible. There are certain things you can work on, like wavedashing and such if you are new to Puff, but otherwise the only way to get any real practice is to play against other players. Puff is mostly about reading your opponent, and you can't learn that without a proper opponent.
But when you read people, you need to be able to punish with the read. Can I practice executing rest punishes consistently or anything like that? If so, how?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Rest punishes are difficult to practice. Since they are also dependent on reads, such as reading DI or simply watching out for mistakes made by the player, it's difficult to practice it. There's nothing wrong with a little practice regardless though, so I say go for it, as long as you are aware that it will be different against real players.

xed122

Smash Cadet
Obviously playing in tournament settings, or at least against other people, is the way a puff player is going to get good. BUT, I'm relatively new to the art of puff, so what can I practice at home to just get more comfortable with her? Execution wise, what are the most important things I need to be able to do consistently?
i play against 3 9 CPU swordman in one team and my puff in another, if you alreaby can do it then find other for do it

Top Bottom