• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice chaingrabbing with peach?

Greeni

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to get more consistent with chaingrabbing (fox/falco and maybe cf) and was wondering if there's a good setup (e.g. certain options in the 20xx training hack pack) to get better at it.

I started with opponents that don't DI, and then I went to the training mode and set the cpu to "evade", but they always tech before I can regrab them in the lower percents.

I thought about turning on collision bubbles and the "wait" action state, but are there any other options that could benefit my training?

Also are there any guides on how (and when) to finish the stock after chaingrabbing to certain percentages?

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Hi there!

You can use this chart I made to know what options to choose at what percents. At the low percents, you may not be able to get anything. Walk dsmash is very hard. Also, at low percents, you need precise inputs to land a regrab. You must dash immediately then grab immediately. Make sure to use dash grab and not JC grab.

You can end most chaingrabs with nair, but on DI away at high percents it is very hard to land. You can always fthrow when they are at high percents. Armada has some creative endings so watch his videos. Notably, weak dash attack into nair or usmash.

Greeni

Smash Rookie
Thx for the reply. A fox at 50% should be rather easy to regrab, right?

Because yesterday I tried chaingrabbing a "stay"-cpu fox which I locked at 50% and he almost always hit the ground and teched before I could regrab him (when he DI'd fully left/right). I also had the "wait" action state color overlay (color=green) on, and most of the time I didn't even turn green before dashing (which means that I input the dash at the very first possible frame, right?) Maybe I have to input the grab sooner, but it doesn't seem possible atm.

Is there a way to tell the cpu to always DI fully left/right? Would make training this a little easier.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
A Fox at 50% should be rather easy to regrab. But if you're not getting it yet, that's ok. It will come with practice.

Developing an understanding of the game so that you can tell when your inputs are too early or too late is extremely important. It's hard to say without more info or video whether you're too late or too early. It's good that the green rarely shows up; that's an important first step.

One piece of advice I can give is that Fox should sorta be falling into your grab from above. And you will be grabbing him with the tip, in other words farthest reach, of your grab.

Is he falling down in front of you, or is he falling down through you? The former would suggest you're grabbing too early, the latter that you're grabbing too late.

20XX HP 4.05 has a setting to control the DI of the opponent under the "CPU Codes" menu. You can make them DI fully in either direction. The newer 20XX HP probably has the same options too.

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
Ur not jump canceling your grab right? Chain grabs with peach are done with regular running grab

DaNormZ

Smash Rookie
Normally I go on FD on 20xx and have the Cpu use smart DI so when I grab I get a vareity of DI mix ups once I start the chain grab.

DaNormZ

Smash Rookie
Ur not jump canceling your grab right? Chain grabs with peach are done with regular running grab
Sorta, You jump cancel grab then when you start throwing the opponent up you do the normal running grab.

Top Bottom