• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice by your self

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I'm just learning to play puff. Of course the best way to practice is going to tournaments and playing against other people as much as you can, but how can I practice by myself in addition to that? Right now, I just practice spacing bairs and practicing movement/recovering. Specifically, is there any way for me to practice rest set ups?

SlyDog

Smash Cadet
Well, if you have to resort to CPU's, level 7 Samus would be most ideal. It plays most like a human and has mixed DI which is good for general 1-player training. For rests, however, I can't really say. If you wanted to practice something like up-throw rest you could plug in another controller and practice it on a non-moving player. I've never had to train alone with my puff, so unfortunately I don't really have much advice. Sorry. I hope that what little info I was able to give is helpful.

Gavazzi

Smash Rookie
It's hard to beat 20XX when it comes to solo training, but I've found that training mode can be useful for rest setups. You can practice rest setups on the immobile CPU and, if the screen shows that a 2+ hit combo was performed, then you did it correctly. Then, you can repeat this on higher percent opponents. Also, you can practice spacing using stage markers as a guide for where you want to place your hitboxes and where you want to land. PPMD wrote a fantastic guide that goes into this more in depth: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-discussion-thread.256826/page-439#post-14739329

Corona

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to 20XX solo play, what level CPU is best to train against? Or does it depend on the character?

chrbir5

Smash Cadet
practice ground movement. make sure you can crazy dash dance. make sure you can dash forward -> wavedash back. waveland arials. lcancel. get those edge cancels!

Top Bottom