• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Post a Livestream + Rules (TOURNAMENT LIVESTREAMS DO NOT GO HERE!)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
This forum serves as a public hub for posting any Melee-related livestreams, like smashfests, friendlies, casual matches, or any Melee related stuff in general. (The only exception is for tournaments, which the Tournament Organizer can specify in his event in his/her thread in Tournament Listings.)

When you make a new thread, you will be asked what date & time your stream is starting and ending. When this period comes, it will put your stream on top of the page for everyone to see! The only problem for now is that, due to server constraints, we can't determine what's live right now or offline... so for now, we're leaving that up to you.

The only rules:

• There will be one thread per stream. To edit your thread to update the stream schedule, just go to the dropdown on the bottom right of the first post and hit "Edit Event".
  • The livestream you post must be your own stream, and nobody else's.
  • Your stream must be for Smash-related events of any kind, as specified above.
  • Do not abuse the forum. This includes spamming, specifying bad dates (doing something like 1/1/2012 to 12/31/2037), etc. Any abuse will lead to not only a roomban but possibly a forum ban as well.

Pretty soon we will be able to integrate this with Twitter and post any streams scheduled directly there too. Enjoy!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Nice job! When someone brought it up and your request had been delayed for so long you got right on it.

I think a sticky with regular streams is a good idea too, depending on how many interesting, regular streams there are.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree. I would think like a top tournament stream, and some top favorite players streams. (Or just recommended streams)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm dunno. Depends if people think it's legit enough for people that aren't really smashers to see. (since it's like a hack or something)

zZz

Smash Apprentice
I<3 Bionic

This is an awesome opportunity! I have no way of showing my gratitude besides making Melee TV the best livestream melee solution possible!

Thank you

Bones0

Smash Legend
Why can't you post other peoples' streams?

You should suggest a general format to maximize efficiency for people searching for streams. Something like:

Live -- Date -- State -- Name -- Featured Smashers

Ex.
ON -- 1/28/12 -- MD -- College Park Smashfest -- Azen, Chillin
OFF -- 2/1/12 -- VA -- Sypher Smashfest -- Cyrain, Tope

Melee should be 309 and Brawl should be 310.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Why can't you post other peoples' streams?
Mostly because, let's say someone breaks the rules (like, starts streaming Smash then starts streaming inappropriate stuff... has happened before LOL) and cannot post their livestream on Smashboards... they then decide to get their friends to. This effectively bars it.

You should suggest a general format to maximize efficiency for people searching for streams. Something like:

Live -- Date -- State -- Name -- Featured Smashers

Ex.
ON -- 1/28/12 -- MD -- College Park Smashfest -- Azen, Chillin
OFF -- 2/1/12 -- VA -- Sypher Smashfest -- Cyrain, Tope
Okay. I can't detect when it's on/off for now but I can do it by date/time. Otherwise I'll edit the format to that.

Melee should be 309 and Brawl should be 310.
I'll make Melee -309 and Brawl -310 instead. Best of both worlds :troll:

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Is there a certain format i should post the time and date of streaming to make sure the information gets recognized?

:phone:

P D

Smash Ace
cant 64 smash get on some of this action?

it is the easiest smash to stream + malva streams a lot. :s

Spyro

Smash Ace
I'm just curious, can you stream game on the main page if they just have the game textures changed and nothing else, or would that be considered breaking the rules?

Top Bottom