• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to port a mod that is over Mario and put it over another Character?

Luiz100010

Smash Rookie
Hey there guys, How i can port a mod that is over Mario and put it over another Character? Like for example i want to put a Mario Dat file over Fox.,But it says that is not a valid replacament for Fox in Dat Texture Wizard,Can somebody help me please? Thank you.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
It's possible, but it wouldn't be as simple as replacing Fox's files with Mario's, because when the game loads Fox, it naturally expects data pertaining to Fox to be loaded. However, you could modify the icon on the CSS so that when you select Fox, the game thinks you're selecting Mario. But then you'd still need a code to be written to load your alternate Mario mod when the "new" Mario icon is selected (or else it would just load the original Mario).

Top Bottom