• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play vanilla Project M on dolphin?

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Recently I got into making custom content for project M with Brawlbox. I am customizing PM, because that is all I know how to run on the wii. I don't know how to run custom brawl on the wii. If anyone has any help for me on that, that would be cool. But that is not what I came to ask. I came to ask, well, it's in the title.

Here is what I have so far: a homebrew pm file, dolphin, and a brawl ISO. I have looked up some tutorials and guides, and they are all extremely complicated and most of the time are for netplay. I don't want that. I just want to know the simplest way to run vanilla project m on dolphin so I can test my custom content on the computer. Any help appreciated.

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
1. You can build an PM iso, and then edit it with WiiScrubber.
2. You can use the PMNetplayV4.elf in normal Dolphin with your own PM sd card and it will load your PM.

Narpas_sword

If you get the netplay version setup - thats your starting point.

Dolphin runs using a SD.raw file which is a virtual SD card - you can replace the netplay one with the vanilla (and then your custom) sd changes.

So steps:

Get netplay dolphin downloaded and setup (easiest to go this way because its all in a pack already)
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/2777/project-m-3-6-sd-v4-bigger-better-faster

Step 2:
Take your vanilla (or custom SD card files) and turn them into an SD.raw file
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

Step 3:
Swap out the SD.raw in the dolphin folder for your new one.

should be good to go.

Top Bottom