• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice How to play neutral against well spacing enemies?

Zorou

Smash Rookie
Hay,

so I am practising on my neutral game recently. After playing some online matches, I figured out, that I always loose against well spacing opponents.

My Question: How do I play against them? Iam a Yoshi main and often use a short hop neutral air out of shield to punish my enemy, but as soon aas I play against someone who can space pretty good, I cant land any attacks. Palutena for example just pressures me with her neutral air, Jumping or dropping shield is no option since she will hit me with her mutli hit move, holding shield and trying to dash grab wont work either because she is to fast, and trying to get out a quick tilt attack wont work either if the opponent spams her neutral air. With all that said means that I have to attack her to even have a chance. But blocking my airials or reading a tomahawk grab isnt that hard, aand thaats why Iam loosing every neutral aagainst someone that can space very good.

So how do you work with this problem?

Thanks for any answers and sorry for my bad english :).

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
A little late, but to beat a spacer, you have to make them whiff. Swordies are usually the best at spacing, so I'll use them as an example. I don't know much about Yoshi, but you need to bait them into attacking.

I would suggest using your eggs from a distance to irritate them and make them come for you. Then when you see them approach, you can expect an approaching Forward Air most of the time. From here, you should dash back, wait for the move, then dash in while they're stuck the landing lag. Make sure you maximize when you do get in (use combo starters) because they're going to make sure it doesn't happen often.

Raph6089

Smash Rookie
You could run up and sheild at a position where your opponent has bad spacing

Top Bottom