• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play Melee NTSC version in Australia?

Doughy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've been watching melee for over a year and decided to cave and buy a gamecube or an old wii but would prefer to play the NTSC version I've been watching for so long over the PAL. I currently live in Australia and am basically just not sure of what requirements there are in order to get it going. Will it require an NTSC gamecube, NTSC copy of melee and an NTSC CRT? Or will that not even work? I've bought Nintendo 64 games from Japan before and couldn't even get a refund back as I didn't even know there were different versions in the past haha. Confused by the whole process so any information at all would be golden. Thanks.

Pauer

The Pauerful
If you want to play melee with local players, you will want to get the PAL version since that's what australian smasher use generally.
My recommendation would be to get a regular wii, then softmod the wii using this guide and you load either version from USB/SD card so you'll have both available to you as well as hacked ROMs like the 20XX training hack pack. Getting a wii is the cheapest and most versatile option here. You won't have to worry about any regional issues.

Obiwan560

Smash Rookie
NNID
Benjamin01
Australia switched to NTSC in the beginning of this year. All locals and netplay will be ntsc versions. People hack their Wiis and play the ntsc version that way

Top Bottom