• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play Brawl

Grimace Gone Wild

Smash Rookie
My school is having a brawl tournament during homecoming so I need to to know some tips and tricks for Brawl. I play Smash 4 but Brawl is new to me, all help is appreciated. Just so you know I main Marth.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My school is having a brawl tournament during homecoming so I need to to know some tips and tricks for Brawl. I play Smash 4 but Brawl is new to me, all help is appreciated. Just so you know I main Marth.
1) Change from Marth to meta knight
2) Spam Cyclone, side a combo, and the fact your speed is completely different and op compared to Smash 4.
3) enjoy victory over your beaten and annoyed enemies.

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Go metaknight and mash up air and practice glide stalling on temple if they have it legal for some dumb reason

D

Deleted member

Other than SSBWiki, the forums for Brawl here, though awfully quiet nowadays, you can find information on your main. I, being a 56-year-old woman, like playing Smash 4 like you do. But I'll never forget the time I first played Brawl back in late 2010 and I still play it, as well as Melee. Studied up on advanced tech, character moves, etc. but I am not going to play Smash competitively.

Sayonara :kirby:

link2702

Smash Champion
Just pick metaknight, spam down smash, and mach tornado, and juggle them if they’re above you with up air

EDIT:

Alternatively, look up a Character with an ez chaingrab like Falco or ddd, and frustrate the hell out of everyone there.

I’d say pick ice climbers and learn their chaingrab, but you likely don’t have a copy of brawl I’m assuming and so you can’t practice it. Their chaingrab is a bit harder to do and requires some actual practice, though it’s a million times more effective, and just far more frustrating to deal with. if you ever wanted to make an inexperienced opponent cry, and lose all motivation to keep playing, just chaingrab them to hell and back with ice climbers

Last edited:

Grimace Gone Wild

Smash Rookie
Just pick metaknight, spam down smash, and mach tornado, and juggle them if they’re above you with up air

EDIT:

Alternatively, look up a Character with an ez chaingrab like Falco or ddd, and frustrate the hell out of everyone there.

I’d say pick ice climbers and learn their chaingrab, but you likely don’t have a copy of brawl I’m assuming and so you can’t practice it. Their chaingrab is a bit harder to do and requires some actual practice, though it’s a million times more effective, and just far more frustrating to deal with. if you ever wanted to make an inexperienced opponent cry, and lose all motivation to keep playing, just chaingrab them to hell and back with ice climbers
I do have a copy. Thanks though!

link2702

Smash Champion
I do have a copy. Thanks though!
Well in that case then yeah pick ice climbers and learn their chaingrab.

One question, do you know if matches are 1v1 or are they going to be free for all’s? Cuz if they’re ffas with all items on and all stages, you probably should just stick to metaknight.

Chiggaman23

Smash Rookie
All these people are probably joking. Marth is pretty high tier in Brawl too. I don't know much about him, so I'm just gonna assume he's similar to smash 4. He is a beast in the air though, so use that to your advantage.

Top Bottom