• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play against Jigglypuff?

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
So as you can probably already understand from the title of this thread, I'm not a Jigglypuff player. I'm a Wolf and Mario player, and was looking for some help in the Jigglypuff matchup. There is a puff player that attends the local tournies regularly, and I've beat him in a 3:1 ratio, however I think patience starts to lack the more I play him - especially if the set is longer. What sort of play-style do I need to adopt to consistently beat him? Any other information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Pick Ivysaur/Mewtwo/Ike/Link/Toon Link. They will never wanna play Puff again. Point is Puff struggles hard when she can't control space with her aerial mobility as that is literately all the character does. With wolf maybe you could control her with lasers, space fairs and nairs or something. Get shine combos when the opportunity arises. Not really sure. As mario i'd say just spam fireballs at a range you can convert off them.

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Dear God I hate playing Puff against Ivy. It's one of my hardest MUs. I don't think Link and Toon Link are too bad. But then again, I'm coming from more of a Melee standpoint.

The problem with Puff vs Ivy is Ivy has so many options plus the ability to space out a lot of moves. This makes it very hard for Puff to approach. At least from what I'm used to. I usually just like to play Pika in this MU. Mewtwo and Ike I still have to try though.

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
puff versus iys is like a puff ditto, except ivy has so many more options but jiggs can still win

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs can win, but holy hell it's hard. Just watch Denti vs HBox in the Characters by Top Redux thread. You'll see why it's such a weird MU and hard for Jiggs.

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
Pick the smallest stage you can. Don't do slow things or you will get Rested (especially rolling). Puff has a shield breaker (Side + B).

xed122

Smash Cadet
Pick Ivysaur/Mewtwo/Ike/Link/Toon Link. They will never wanna play Puff again. Point is Puff struggles hard when she can't control space with her aerial mobility as that is literately all the character does. With wolf maybe you could control her with lasers, space fairs and nairs or something. Get shine combos when the opportunity arises. Not really sure. As mario i'd say just spam fireballs at a range you can convert off them.
my brothers plays link and the only character besides marth with the one i win to him is puff

Top Bottom