• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to perform bat drops in Home-Run Contest?

Zowayix001

Smash Rookie
After getting very accustomed to Melee's Home-Run Contest and playing it for a number of years, I got used to inputting the spike (usually Down+A) immediately after dropping the bat with Z. However, once I got Brawl, I was never able to pull off a single one correctly, since the A press always re-picks up the dropped bat. The C-stick does not work either. I've tried watching lots of videos of strats on Youtube, but still can't pull any off. It looks like they're dropping the bat much earlier than I'm used to, so that it's well below the character's feet before the spike is performed(?). (When I try this, the bag goes flying from the dropped bat before the spike can connect, even with the added hitstun.) Additionally, the lack of sound cue difference between dropping the bat and throwing it down is confusing me. Any tips?

Top Bottom