• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to perfect keeping momentum when b reversing glide?

Yo, I'm a decent UK zard player with a question...Couldnt find any direct guides on how to do this on the boards so thought I'd make a thread:

I use B reverse glide to mix up approaches and recoveries in general but I'm struggling to consistently do the kind of glide in which you can go one direction and immediately go the other (maintaining momentum) by pressing b + opposite direction once initiating the glide. Sometimes I just cancel the glide and thats not what I want (in certain situations anyway)...
I want to use it both for when i ledge stall, as players like zen do, (instead of doing the regular glide ledge stall as I have been hit out of that on occasion (and gimped because of it) ) and for when I want to mix up movement in general.

any help/tips would be appreciated!

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
It's a very specific timing. You press B and then press the opposite direction you're facing right after you press B. Once you learn the timing, you should be able to do it almost every time.

...for some reason this was never posted. Better late than never, I suppose.

Top Bottom