• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to not take 50-60% from Fox lasers with Sheik?

arkabartlete

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ARKA#752
Is there some sort of strategy or plan i can employ as a sheik? My strategy right now as a low level sheik is to jump over them, but 50% of the time i get upsmashed or upaired. Also wondering if this is something other low level sheiks have problems with so hopefully im not alone in this. :D

Pauer

The Pauerful
You always want fox at least within dash attack range on the ground. Otherwise he can just laser for free. Try to close the gap with a wavedash forward and get into a range where you are effective (about the length of a battlefield platform). Once you are within that range, you can counter his lasers with a dash attack or dash canceled grab. What's important here is that you don't do that after fox starts lasering, because that's very obvious and the fox will be ready to counter your dash attack/grab. You time it for when you think the fox will start to laser.

Jumping over fox is bad because you have no real downward threats and fox can just punish you easily. You want to mainly do retreating aerials in general.

arkabartlete

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ARKA#752
You always want fox at least within dash attack range on the ground. Otherwise he can just laser for free. Try to close the gap with a wavedash forward and get into a range where you are effective (about the length of a battlefield platform). Once you are within that range, you can counter his lasers with a dash attack or dash canceled grab. What's important here is that you don't do that after fox starts lasering, because that's very obvious and the fox will be ready to counter your dash attack/grab. You time it for when you think the fox will start to laser.

Jumping over fox is bad because you have no real downward threats and fox can just punish you easily. You want to mainly do retreating aerials in general.
Ok thanks alot! Ill try that out next time i fight a fox who's favorite strategy is to run away from me. :D

Top Bottom