• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to mash luigis tornado

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
Play alot of Mario Party... :D

Find what works for you, either if you lay your controller on your lap and press with thumb & index or just use the thumb regularly...rub your index over the B button. Those are the 3 most common I think.

Oh...and you have too use it once on the ground before you can use it in the air, wierd mechanic but that's how it works :)

smerchman

Smash Rookie
Play alot of Mario Party... :D

Find what works for you, either if you lay your controller on your lap and press with thumb & index or just use the thumb regularly...rub your index over the B button. Those are the 3 most common I think.

Oh...and you have too use it once on the ground before you can use it in the air, wierd mechanic but that's how it works :)
thanks bro do i have to do it a certain speed or...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The tornado also begins already charged on certain stages/matchups. In any given matchup there is usually one neutral stage where luigi's tornado starts already charged.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Also if you Luigi ditto make sure you are lowest port. It gives you tornado off the start (unless you care about port priority).

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Also if you Luigi ditto make sure you are lowest port. It gives you tornado off the start (unless you care about port priority).
Not on every stage, though in any case you only ever start with a charge when you're in a higher port (i.e. have lower port priority).

Frame data: http://smashboards.com/threads/rising-cyclone-ptp-frame-data-guide.384946/
When you start with a charge in NTSC: http://smashboards.com/threads/luigis-down-b-starting-charged.292168/
When you start with a charge in PAL: http://smashboards.com/threads/matc...arged-are-different-in-the-pal-version.354939

Everyone seems to have their own method of mashing. I balance the controller on my leg, tense my arm, and vibrate my wrist as fast as I can to tap the button with my index finger. It feels bad for my hand and wrist. Timing when you start mashing is quite important, because you can't start rising until frame 6, and the closer to that point you start the higher you'll go overall; if you find your mashing works inconsistently then when you start mashing might be more important to address than the method with which you do so.

Last edited:

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
Just keep going. Every time you do the tornado, mash as fast as you can. It takes time to build up the tap, but it will come eventually.

Even if you're too slow to gain height, it can still be useful for some horizontal movement.

Top Bottom