• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make a Nickname

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Is this even answerable? Jk. I actually use two nicknames. WiFi and Axiom (sometimes Axi). A nickname is something that represents you, as a person, kind of like a main. Here's my tips for choosing a nickname:

1. Choose something that means something to you
For example, ESAM uses his nickname because it combines his name Eric, with Samus, his favorite videogame character. Find a name that means something to you.

2. Choose something that sounds cool: Axiom sounds cool to me. Therefore I use it. If you like the sound of a random word, then why not use it? Here's some cool words: Quantum, Equinox, Semblance, Aura, Nebula, Striker, Zoom, Glitch, Fluorescent.

3. Choose something funny: For example, my name WiFi, is a joke about my horrible internet connection. Larry Lurr's original nickname, DEHF, stands for, Don't You Hate Falco, because when he played Melee and Brawl, Falco was (and still is) considered to be top tier.

4.Still having trouble? Then make up a word that sounds cool and use that as your nickname. You can call yourself Slrop or something like that.

5. I personally think you should call yourself SillySeiji. But then again, I like the sound of alliterations.

Adorable_Silly_Seiji

Smash Cadet
Is this even answerable? Jk. I actually use two nicknames. WiFi and Axiom (sometimes Axi). A nickname is something that represents you, as a person, kind of like a main. Here's my tips for choosing a nickname:

1. Choose something that means something to you
For example, ESAM uses his nickname because it combines his name Eric, with Samus, his favorite videogame character. Find a name that means something to you.

2. Choose something that sounds cool: Axiom sounds cool to me. Therefore I use it. If you like the sound of a random word, then why not use it? Here's some cool words: Quantum, Equinox, Semblance, Aura, Nebula, Striker, Zoom, Glitch, Fluorescent.

3. Choose something funny: For example, my name WiFi, is a joke about my horrible internet connection. Larry Lurr's original nickname, DEHF, stands for, Don't You Hate Falco, because when he played Melee and Brawl, Falco was (and still is) considered to be top tier.

4.Still having trouble? Then make up a word that sounds cool and use that as your nickname. You can call yourself Slrop or something like that.

5. I personally think you should call yourself SillySeiji. But then again, I like the sound of alliterations.
Thanks i guess

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Something that describes you or something you like. The ESAM example is the easiest, but you may need to try a few combos/parts of your name.

Being generic works too. Such as using King, Kween, Mr, Miss, Lady, Lord, Big, Little, Mc, The, etc. as a prefix for your name and then whatever word you want.

For me, my name is a good description and also ironic.

Like... Nice, sweet, first name begins with P, says the sweetest/most adorable things. Like a lil thing of pudding!

But then... I can be sassy/rude and I'm basically 5'8" bara. So. Like. Lil as in short but not sweet or blobby/jiggly like pudding.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
I had this problem for awhile but I decided that my tag/nickname should express my personality. While my smashboards name is CursedKaiju (which I found cause I like godzilaa/kaijus and tend to swear alot) the tag I tend to use now is Captain Oblivious, cause there really isnt a better way to explain myself to people.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to play a game with a friend, and I was the villain so I needed to come up with an intimidating name.

The first thing I thought up was the Alfred Hitchcock movie "Psycho".

Years later, the sequel to the game came out. The last match of the previous game I lost, so in my mind my character had been killed. So in the new game I thought as my character "Psycho" as a new incarnation. So I named him "PsychoIncarnate". And just used that name since.

I also lost in that game because I suck at RTS'

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
I have many, Loki is one that I use primarily because he is the God of tricks and that correlates to my playstyle. I also Use "Chez" short for cheese, as a mindgame so they fear the ledge making them more predictable. Youd be surprised how much people adjust their playstyle to what they think your name is inferring lol. At the end of the day the name doesnt ****ing matter, so why not use it to your opponents disadvantage? ;)

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
My nickname, apple butter, simply came from school. Now, I get that not everyone can just have an epic nickname like that. However, I would recommend finding a nickname that somehow represents one or more of your passions, which would truly represent you. If by a nickname you mean like a gamertag, you could just use your first name or something i.e. "Ken".

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
im super toxic (mercury) and worthless (penny)

jk it's a bootleg version of my brothers online nick (memorialdime), we used to be into coin collecting back in the day and neither a memorial dime nor a mercury penny exist. kind of a dumb name but i never really think about it anymore, it's just sorta who i am now

Last edited:

Sprite

Smash Cadet
I use the name Sprite. It's a cool sounding name and Sprite is my favorite beverage ever

Top Bottom