• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to kill with Shiek?

Iffik

Smash Rookie
The largest problem I've encountered in playing Shiek so far is the difficulty to kill people (especially at sub 100 percents).
I've noticed USmash is one of the best kill moves, but it is also one of the more difficult ones to land. Fthrow to bouncing fish can kill sometimes too. I'm having trouble finding ways to KO my opponents with shiek and would love some advice on good kill moves/combos and what I should be doing.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
answer: you probably wont get the kill any time soon if you don't get your opponent to run into a vanish explosion or grenade. Offstage bouncing fish is good for pushing them away far enough that they can't recover if it doesn't ko though.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Most of my kills either come from trumping to bair(which isn't a guaranteed thing on their 1st ledge grab) and conditioning people to airdodge and either hitting them out of it with an aerial, catching the ending of it with an usmash, or doing it above a platform to be able to punish the aridodge ending lag with an usmash or fsmash. Her lack of guaranteed kill setups and just raw kill power in general makes it kind of a task in general, so you generally just have to be really patient and either get a hard read or let it come to you.

gsmVoiD

Smash Cadet
You could always try to bait out an airdodge after a d tilt / f tilt and catch them with an u smash. A newer setup that I've been using is foward throw and bait an airdodge, fast fall -> f smash which possibly can kill if you're near an edge. Other than that getting kills sub 100% is very difficult unless you're edge guarding with bair/b fish

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Carrying someone off with fairs should never kill lol. All they have to do is save their jump. Only situation I see that actually killing is if you get lucky with %s and DI and catch them on the SV platform while it's offstage or if there's a walkoff.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Carrying someone off with fairs should never kill lol. All they have to do is save their jump. Only situation I see that actually killing is if you get lucky with %s and DI and catch them on the SV platform while it's offstage or if there's a walkoff.
If you can follow up your fairs with a Bouncing Fish, then yes, you're going to land some kills.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you're stringing several fairs together then they're not at a % to be dying to that lol. Again they'd have to be using their jump for some reason and to my knowledge either if you're offstage with that then it's not guaranteed there either, but I could be wrong on that and it could just be really specific %s.

Deven

Smash Rookie
Go balls deep. Most of my kills come from knocking them way off stage and chasing ASAP using both jumps into a Max DI extended Bouncing Fish to connect inches from blast zone or barely on screen.

Alot of times they dont expect you to go so deep for them. Risky sure, but feels great and bouncing fish is my main kill move anyway.. so its only natural for me to get greedy and go for gimp city.

Stage spikes are a great method as well. Shiek's Bair hurts even at low percents.

Lasty just go for an old fashioned gimp. and GO DEEP. Alot of people who cant recover super high will try to recover from below the legth and thats your chance to catch them with a bair or inplace BF. Shiek can be OFF SCREEN below the stage and still make it back no problem given she didnt waste her jump.

This is all personal opinion and this is just what works for me.

THRILLBURN

Smash Rookie
The largest problem I've encountered in playing Shiek so far is the difficulty to kill people (especially at sub 100 percents).
I've noticed USmash is one of the best kill moves, but it is also one of the more difficult ones to land. Fthrow to bouncing fish can kill sometimes too. I'm having trouble finding ways to KO my opponents with shiek and would love some advice on good kill moves/combos and what I should be doing.
I've been having pretty good success with getting them off stage, grabbing ledge (positional purposes) and using bair to cut off their recovery. If you can hit them with it just before they use up b its pretty much death. And if you can sweet spot them it works even better. Just be prepared for a high recovery. If not BF seems to be another good option

THRILLBURN

Smash Rookie
Go balls deep. Most of my kills come from knocking them way off stage and chasing ASAP using both jumps into a Max DI extended Bouncing Fish to connect inches from blast zone or barely on screen.

Alot of times they dont expect you to go so deep for them. Risky sure, but feels great and bouncing fish is my main kill move anyway.. so its only natural for me to get greedy and go for gimp city.

Stage spikes are a great method as well. Shiek's Bair hurts even at low percents.

Lasty just go for an old fashioned gimp. and GO DEEP. Alot of people who cant recover super high will try to recover from below the legth and thats your chance to catch them with a bair or inplace BF. Shiek can be OFF SCREEN below the stage and still make it back no problem given she didnt waste her jump.

This is all personal opinion and this is just what works for me.
Sheiks all about getting in their grill and not giving them room to breathe. I'm going to have to steal the max DI balls deep BF off stage haha. But yeah, off edge is where sheik excels over probably every character in the game

Deven

Smash Rookie
Haha yeah I like going for crazy stuff....its smash... we play to have fun, we should all be Falcon mains <3 xD

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
You're not doing much wrong if you can't kill too well with Sheik. She sacrifices all her power for speed, but her main way to kill is off-stage gimps, which she does excel in compared to the rest of the cast.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Most of your kills should come from either offstage gimps or Bouncing Fish. Up B also sometimes does it for me.

Deven

Smash Rookie
I actually got complimented when I was against a Dx3 (jesus he's heavy) and was having trouble getting the kill so I used Vanish on stage to juke a dash attack and kill.
Was something fresh I'd like to use more in my kit. Takes a solid read however.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
^ you can vanish on the ledge while people are trying to get back, it beats everything except roll through with good timing

Deven

Smash Rookie
^ you can vanish on the ledge while people are trying to get back, it beats everything except roll through with good timing
Normally I just bair, the stagespike is to good and the range is great. Feels like it out prioritizes everything.

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
what do you mean by this? Like while you're standing near the edge? Or when you're hanging? Something else???? This sounds great, so I wanna try it out

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
U Smash, B Air, Vanish, Bouncing Fish, D Smash near edge seem the most reliable options for me.

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
When you go for a Down Throw, you can bait the air dodge with an up-b instead of U-air. It's a trick I picked up from Nietono and it works like 4/5 times if you condition them to dodge expecting an Up-Air.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
what do you mean by this? Like while you're standing near the edge? Or when you're hanging? Something else???? This sounds great, so I wanna try it out
Vanish glide. If you Up-B while dashing right off the edge of the stage, Sheik will go out and down a bit, rather than diagonally up.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
While they're on the ledge trying to recover. If you scare them into regrabbing the ledge, it's a free vanish. If you don't, it beats most options because your invincibility goes away early on ledge options in this game. I'm not talking about vanish glide. Just standing by the ledge and using it, since vanish hits below the ledge from on stage

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
While they're on the ledge trying to recover. If you scare them into regrabbing the ledge, it's a free vanish. If you don't, it beats most options because your invincibility goes away early on ledge options in this game. I'm not talking about vanish glide. Just standing by the ledge and using it, since vanish hits below the ledge from on stage
Vanish Glide is awesome because even if you don't scare them off, you then grab the ledge, forcing them off for a bair.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
Trump bair isn't guaranteed in any sense, if they buffer an action in that situation then you just let them back onstage for free

Last edited:
Top Bottom