• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to improve tech skill without destroying my hands?

2CO

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CO#349
I want to improve my tech skill and combos, but I fear just grinding them out for hours will put me at risk for carpal tunnel and other injuries. Right now I do stretches before and after practice and play, which I hope is helping (can't really be sure yet). Also, sometimes I just try to imagine the input instead of physically doing it. I know that's not the same obviously, but I think it must help at least a bit.

Any tips/advice?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
If you're already doing stretches then just don't do tech skill for hours at a time. You don't need to be practicing it that much. Make sure you're mindful of your inputs to get the most out of it, and you shouldn't have to spend that much time on tech stuff. Make sure to take some breaks when you are practicing too

Top Bottom