• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to HyperFlame?

PixelByte

Smash Rookie
So I've been watching a lot of matches with HypeFlame to try to learn to use Lucas better. last night I realized most of his combos start with a PsiShield To Wavedash and I can't figure out how to do it. I know how to do both but can fluidly combine them into one smooth movement, am I missing something? I've just gotten into competitive about a month and have done lots of research on advanced techniques and thought I've heard them al.l is there one I'm not aware of that I need to know to do this? any help would be very much appreciated!

Also, there is another thing I don't understand is when his does his Bair. he does a full jump at normal Speed but then starts doing a back air, but before his animation for the back air even complete he is already on the ground again. he falls so fast his aerial attack hits the ground. how do you do this?it would really help my combo game. so help would be appreciated here too!

Thank you!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
P PixelByte
It's important to recognize the mechanical differences of Lucas's Psi Magnet and the traditional spacie shine. For spacies, they press Down B and then can jump on frame 4. For Lucas, his DownB hits on frame 5 and has a potential looping action if you continue to hold b. Neither of these actions are jump-cancelable; only the action that occurs when you release the Special button is jump cancelable. Additionally, your timing will vary when doing a Wavemagnet against the air, or against an opponent. If you hit someone, you and the opponent suffer from hitlag both players freeze in place for some frames), so you have to delay your jump input for a while when you hit someone.

Regarding the back-air, he's likely performing a fast-fall. Press Down on the control stick quickly after you've started to accelerate downward after the jump and your character should fall more quickly. If you link me a specific Youtube vid with a timestamp I can be more specific as to what his inputs are.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ahh okay, so he's doing a double jump cancel. To DJC, you start a double jump, and then very quickly perform an aerial. You have to have let go of your jump input (be that Y, X, Tap jump, or some other button) or Lucas will rise with the aerial. If you DJC, Lucas will move downwards during the jump and then the projectile will prevent him from going back up. Then you can fastfall.

PixelByte

Smash Rookie
Ahh okay, so he's doing a double jump cancel. To DJC, you start a double jump, and then very quickly perform an aerial. You have to have let go of your jump input (be that Y, X, Tap jump, or some other button) or Lucas will rise with the aerial. If you DJC, Lucas will move downwards during the jump and then the projectile will prevent him from going back up. Then you can fastfall.
thanks so much for the help I have two more questions that I cant find answers to anywhere else. it would be great if you could.

in that same video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8xqoVdcsvc&t=1808s
at 11:49 hyper talks about doing multi magnets and does them super fast. I try to do that same but can't even get close to that speed is there a reason why? is there an anti-lag trick I don't know?

and at 3:13 he does a double magnet. how do you do that?

thanks for all the help!!!!!

Shadowhawke

Smash Rookie
It's all about muscle memory, I've been playing Lucas for about a year now, and to get that speed its just being able to do the next multi mag AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Just keep practicing, theres a hitlag for the multimag when you hit it on someone's shield, i STRONGLY advise that you go to Luigi's Mansion and practice hitting the bottom Posts on the house- they wont break if you keep the top post's alive, and it lets you practice on a stationary "Shield" to get used to the timing. use it to practice wavedashing back out of magnet as well, even DJC uair and fair combos.

If you have netplay on your computer I'd love to play with you sometime, i can show you some stuff and we can talk on Discord or something.

Have fun and keep practicing!

Top Bottom