• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament How to handle pikachu/pika libre as braixen

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
Well it first when a match starts i start to try to zone and it works but some of pickachus projectiles absorb psywave or the small fireblasts. In dualphase i mostly lose because of the thunder wave attack and the thunderbolt.
I keep block the thunderbolt attack but then the player grabs me and beats me up.
If i dont block with braixen then i get stunned by the thunder and the same happens.

Can anyone help.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The Pikachus are very tricky match-ups. Honestly the main reason I wanted to pick up Shadow Mewtwo as a secondary.

Here is a couple of ideas to help though.

1. Light screen. Light screen is a counter move activated by pressing Down - A. It's special that it deals with most projectile attacks. Unlike shields, it will prevent you from taking any damage. The timing can be a bit hard though.

2. CADC (Counter Attack Dash Cancelling). When charging a Counter attack, you can press R to immediately cancel it. Since Counter attacks absorbs attacks with you taking no damage, you can use this to quickly get in. With that said, there are flaws to this strategy. Because you can still get hit in the animation of you canceling the move. Meaning, a pikachu spamming their thunder attacks could probably still hit you even if you absorb the first one.

3. Flamethrower - Your Up - A move. A very good anti-air. If you manage to get in enough, and Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt. This is a great answer since they need to be in the air to use it.

4. Air Dash -> X air move. You can try going over pikachu, then cancelling it with your X-air move. Pikachu still has a couple of answers to this, but can help you out of bit since a lot of annoyances come from his ground moves. And thunderbolt requires you to stand in one place, which the air dash will obviously move you.

Top Bottom