• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to guarantee full hop into float for max damage?

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
I was reading this thread on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/abypth/psa_all_aerials_do_less_damage_on_short_hop/
tl;dr damage is decreased on aerials after a short hop, you only get full damage from a second jump or full hop on aerials

I was unaware of this information so now I'm curious if anyone here has lab'd it for our beloved princesses. Is there a way to guarantee my float straight from the ground came from a full hop instead of a short hop? Or should I just always assume I'm pressing the button hard enough?

Last edited:

TownOfCrown

Smash Rookie
Short hop into float will use the short hop damage, but only if you aren't holding jump to float.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
Yeah it looks like float is considered a second jump so it looks like damage is unaffected if it's a true float aerial, no cause for concern

Top Bottom