• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to get Your JCC back after using Up-B and getting hit.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Just press A after getting hit.

If you're hit out of your helpless with hammer state after your up-b, all you need to do it press A and the Junior Clown Car will suddenly respawn. Test it for yourself, grab one of your mecha koopas, run off stage, Up-B, even hammer if you want to, and wait for your mecha-koopa to explode. If you tap a again at any point in your free fall, the clown car will magically reappear again and you'll be able to use Up-B again. Keep this in mind whenever you're recovering!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
OMG IVE BEEN WONDERING HOW THE HELL IM MEANT TO GET IT BACK THIS WHOLE TIME LOL

Thanks.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
I think it will also come back after a certain amount of time without him getting hit.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thank you, I've sded so many times without knowing so this is really appreciated.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Thank you so much! No I'm more confident in using hamer.

This doesnt count for side b right? No more side b after a jump out of side b and getting hit.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much! No I'm more confident in using hamer.

This doesnt count for side b right? No more side b after a jump out of side b and getting hit.
Nope, this doesn't renew your Side-B jump or your Double jump, though you can use your Side-B or Double jump if you haven't used them up already after getting hit with this trick.

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
So this is good for edge guarding I guess?

Because the chances you get knocked off with a koopa in your hand seem very low. Or will it work with any hit you take? I am having a hard time understanding the OP.

Either way thank you for sharing this info, I did not know it.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
So this is good for edge guarding I guess?

Because the chances you get knocked off with a koopa in your hand seem very low. Or will it work with any hit you take? I am having a hard time understanding the OP.

Either way thank you for sharing this info, I did not know it.
He said you can use a Mecha Koopa to test his theory. In reality, pressing A at any point after being hit from any source will regenerate the clown copter.

And_Man

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's nice to know. A couple games ago I got gimped by a Megaman directing his B downwards because I didn't know this.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm a little confused on the wording, do you press A while getting hurt, or do you press A after hitstun is over?

UnchainTheRain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Unchain_the_Rain
3DS FC
4811-7021-2151
I'm a little confused on the wording, do you press A while getting hurt, or do you press A after hitstun is over?
After hitstun, if you try it out yourself in training with the mechakoopa trick it should make sense.

Rynhardt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rynhardt
3DS FC
3437-3326-8257
I've been testing this with an AI and it doesn't seem to work with just any damage. Jr has to be launched, taking hitstun isn't enough so an arrow from Pit will not give you your clown car back, for instance.

It doesn't seem to be timing-sensitive, either. Just mash A button after being launched to get it back ASAP.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
It's knock back based, so at 0% A lot of moves, even back airs can not give you enough knock back. Unless the move has set knock back like megamans blade, you'll get your kart back by Any move if your damage is high enough.

BelieveInParappa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BelieveInParappa
Rynhardt is right. Moves like Mega Man lemons/leaves, Pit arrows, and the late hit of a sex kick won't let you get kart back because they have almost no knockback.

You can try to get it back and it might work if the move knocked you far enough. Otherwise you're S.O.L.

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
L/R work also - I like this because if I think I get my cart back and I do not, I am getting an air dodge instead of a hammer.

Top Bottom