• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Get More Activity on The Peach Boards

Dad?!?

Smash Rookie
It seems like the problem is that there's not much to talk about, besides the small changes from melee and the new matchups--which there's a somewhat active thread for. Maybe we could start posting peach-specific smash puzzles (where you show a screenshot of a specific situation and people post what they would do).

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Go to Melee Peach board and learn the important stuff there and then me here and put all the Brawl/PM tech in talk for certain matchups.

90% of the good Peach mains in this game are not PM players, so you won't see the application of PM tech

GoodMorningWood

Smash Rookie
Go to Melee Peach board and learn the important stuff there and then me here and put all the Brawl/PM tech in talk for certain matchups.

90% of the good Peach mains in this game are not PM players, so you won't see the application of PM tech
Yea that's pretty much it. I play peach in melee but not pm. She feels weird to me so i just play sheik instead. I obviously prefer melee peach. But at Sandstorm Silly Kyle made her look pretty decent when teaming with hbox.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
She gets outshone by other characters in the cast that outclass her in many aspects. (ROB and Samus being the main examples)

There is literally 0 reason to play Peach unless you really like the character or if you really like the motion of Float Cancelling. She can't edgeguard Brawl Characters, a lot of her good things require too much commitment and sometimes you just get ****ed over by hitboxes that doesn't make sense when you are traditionally the character that is supposed to do that to people.

Just play a couple of matches of Peach vs Rob, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Toon Link, ZSS or even Zelda and you will understand why.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This is honestly great feedback. Thanks everyone! It just seems like besides the MU board there's zero activity here, partly due to the lack of subjects but also because a lot of people don't play Peach. It seems like we could have a lot to talk about, for example in the Melee boards there's a whole thread dedicated to turnip stats, which would be just as useful in this game as well. What other topics do you guys think should be covered, or how would you want the info from the Melee boards to be transferred over here? I think it's a little lazy to copy-paste and edit Melee stuff over to here, but it could facilitate some discussion and encourage experimenting and Peach use. Let me know!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I think Peach is a very strong character in PM, but I do think she could use some buffs to make her better vs. some of her weaker matchups!

I honestly don't see many people using Peach that often in PM. She's pretty hard to play and requires a lot of tech skill to be good, which is why it's good to have a Melee background going into it.

She's totes kewt tho <3 And Team Sillybox was hilariously fun at Sandstorm ^_^

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I guess any buff to her moves would change a lot of her combos.

Maybe some %s buff since it's harder to get a hit on your average PM character or more shield damage since shieldpoke in PM is kinda sad ?

Sardonyx

星黄泉
I think some good buffs for her would be to increase her ground speed slightly so she can keep up with faster characters, reduce the ability to SDI her dair slightly, make the sourspots on her usmash stronger than they are now, but weaker than smash 4. Those are just a few things, I have a lot of other stuff on my mind

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I think some good buffs for her would be to increase her ground speed slightly
As much it would be cool, Peach is supposed to resemble as much as possible Melee Peach.

Buffing underused moves like Toad, Peach Bomber (it's not a bad move, but less startup time like the Smash 4 version would make it cool), UpSmash, FSmash and Ftilt are the only options I see of changes.

Top Bottom