• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to get better?

FalcoBoi

Smash Rookie
hi if you cant tell by my name i main falco. i would apprieciate some general tips at getting better. some of my problems are: mixups (im very predictible), crossups, and i absolutely suck at neutral im also kinda bad at movement but i can just practice that.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
One of the most important skills when improving is knowing what needs to be improved, and then asking the right questions/finding the right solutions. When asking for advice, specific questions are almost always better than vague questions. Vague questions require vague answers, which probably won't be too helpful. For instance you say one of your problems is mixups. Mixups with approaches? Defense? Shield pressure? Recovery? I could try to try some vague answer which covers all those possibilities but it wouldn't be very helpful. Often a good specific question is something like: "as this character in this matchup in this situation, I am doing x and it is not working. What y should I do that will work?" If you can learn to break situations down to questions similar to this, it will serve you well and be a great skill. Good luck at improving!

Also I like your profile pic

Last edited:

FalcoBoi

Smash Rookie
One of the most important skills when improving is knowing what needs to be improved, and then asking the right questions/finding the right solutions. When asking for advice, specific questions are almost always better than vague questions. Vague questions require vague answers, which probably won't be too helpful. For instance you say one of your problems is mixups. Mixups with approaches? Defense? Shield pressure? Recovery? I could try to try some vague answer which covers all those possibilities but it wouldn't be very helpful. Often a good specific question is something like: "as this character in this matchup in this situation, I am doing x and it is not working. What y should I do that will work?" If you can learn to break situations down to questions similar to this, it will serve you well and be a great skill. Good luck at improving!

Also I like your profile pic
i have trouble doing mixups under pressure i just kinda get nervous and roll away than get punished by a strong move. and thb i can just practice crossups against my friends. but i dont really know how to get better at neutral. also thanks

Top Bottom