• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How-To: Gamecube Games on Your Wii U (or newer Wii)

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Just tested Melee through the GameCube adapter and Nintendont, and it works wonderfully. The input lag is barely noticeable and runs perfectly fine with 20XX Melee. I wish I could test Devolution, but that'll be a pain to work with sadly. (Yea, I don't have an original Wii and backed my copy of Melee on my old computer, so Devolution won't work for me).

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Just tested Melee through the GameCube adapter and Nintendont, and it works wonderfully. The input lag is barely noticeable and runs perfectly fine with 20XX Melee. I wish I could test Devolution, but that'll be a pain to work with sadly. (Yea, I don't have an original Wii and backed my copy of Melee on my old computer, so Devolution won't work for me).
Devolution wouldn't work anyway because 20XX is a hacked ISO, and because the Developer of Devolution is a d******** kinda sketchy, only 1:1 ISOs are allowed.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Does anyone know the technical details of nintendont. I wanted to know if the ram size was the same. I dont have a wii u so I cant really test it.

Quillion

Smash Hero
When running Melee with Nintendont, should I put it in ISO form? I've been running it in FST (folders and files) form now. Will it work better if it's re-compiled into an ISO?

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble forcing PAL with this method:
I have a PAL Wii (4.3) with Nintendont, I can play 20XX hack pack very well, but in black and white (my TV is Pal). So I tried to force pal60 but it only shows a blackscreen. Force NTCS works, but in black and white obviously.

Any solutions?

EDIT: Solved converting NTSC to PAL with a patch I found.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Completely random post but if you use the iso method for Nintendont, the Blue Pokemon Stadium works. It's also a way easier way to load gamecube games. To elaborate, instead of using gcrex -x "iso name" to split your iso into a ton of files, you just put your iso (renamed to game.iso) in a folder (/games/FOLDER NAME/game.iso).

Hope this helps someone.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Completely random post but if you use the iso method for Nintendont, the Blue Pokemon Stadium works. It's also a way easier way to load gamecube games. To elaborate, instead of using gcrex -x "iso name" to split your iso into a ton of files, you just put your iso (renamed to game.iso) in a folder (/games/FOLDER NAME/game.iso).

Hope this helps someone.
Maybe this has been the problem all along. I've always used ISOs.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I can't use Nintendon't, because it says that could not get kernel from nand or somewhat, any help? yes, i have the latest ios58, but still without working

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding Nintendont. I have recently bought one of these controllers,

which is the Power A Pro EX PS3 controller. I'm trying to make a controller.ini file for it so I can use it in Nintendont. The only problem is that I'm having a really hard time in creating that file as the instructions are really confusing. So is there anyway you guys could help me in making the file? If so that would be great! I'm just a very bad and awkward N00b at this :p

Doq

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding Nintendont. I have recently bought one of these controllers,

which is the Power A Pro EX PS3 controller. I'm trying to make a controller.ini file for it so I can use it in Nintendont. The only problem is that I'm having a really hard time in creating that file as the instructions are really confusing. So is there anyway you guys could help me in making the file? If so that would be great! I'm just a very bad and awkward N00b at this :p
Should just use the PS3 .ini packaged with the controllers download.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Should just use the PS3 .ini packaged with the controllers download.
I tried using it with the PS3 Controller.ini, but I couldn't get it to work. So I used HID Test which told me the hex values needed to build the file. Well, it wasn't the same as the PS3 Controller.ini according to the Hex Values. That means the controller is built differently from regular PS3 Controller. The only problem is I don't know how to make one of those files :p. Just needed some extra help XD.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@DoctorKirby: Er... sorry for double posting, but I kind of found something interesting for making controller.ini files. I found this on an unofficial github for making controller.ini's. The only problem is I don't know if this is legitimate or safe to use as it says it is an .exe file. I'm just wondering if you have used this piece of software before and if it is safe to use. Also, here's the link to it... https://github.com/protomouse/nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_ini_to_array.exe I'm just kind of cautious and wanted to see if others have used it and could maybe try it out who have better computer security than me?

Last edited:

Mwauthzyx

Smash Apprentice
Would Melee have a lag if played on a Wii U? Like, would it run as good as a disc in a Wii?

Last edited:

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
I have a really old hacked wii with 4.1 on it...every post is saying you need 4.3...what can I do? Is updating the Wii truly fine and it won't brick?

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I've tried reinstalling the homebrew channel, redownloading Nintendon't, ios58 is already updated, used both SD and USB, nothing worked. I can't use other GC game loaders because i lack a GC controller

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
You don't absolutely need 4.3... you'll need at least 4.2 because some parts of ND don't work in 4.1
Ah thanks! I actually took the chance, read up on how to back up everything and went for the update, I've got it all working now. I great;y appreciate the response though!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I have the newest version of Nintendont and whenever I load a game it just goes to a black screen. Other games will load but just be very slow. (Such as changing menus or loading a different screen).

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I have the newest version of Nintendont and whenever I load a game it just goes to a black screen. Other games will load but just be very slow. (Such as changing menus or loading a different screen).
What version is it?

Doq

Smash Lord
For now i don't have any solution for my problem ...
What version is your System Menu? If it's not at least 4.2 that'll pose a problem.
Your SD card may be too slow. Try a faster card? Or a USB device?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Version 3.334
I got version 3.370
You can update in nintendont from the application just press B for nintendont settings, Before you choose your game. In the right top corner there should be a update button you press x or if you have a wiimote press 1 and you just download the new version of nintendont. And it's gonna tell you restart nintendont application.
Thats just a example.

Last edited:

Flipsmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matthewba
3DS FC
4597-0005-1713
I was just wondering if this works with a Mayflash 4-port GameCube adapter, because none of the included options were that specific adapter...

EDIT: Nevermind! I just tested it and it worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
3. A compatible controller. Right now PS2-PS4 controllers, the Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510, the Trio Linker v1, and the Mayflash adapters are confirmed working. Yours may or may not work.
Wait... Would Xbox 360 remotes also work? and how did the program get many controller supports? I thought mainly gamecube controllers work... my friend's program only allows gamecube controllers

Doq

Smash Lord
Wait... Would Xbox 360 remotes also work? and how did the program get many controller supports? I thought mainly gamecube controllers work... my friend's program only allows gamecube controllers
They wrote their own code to make controllers look like GameCube controllers.

Theoretically any Bluetooth controller would work as well. Dunno tho.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
One more thing Doq Doq would the Nintendont software require a disc or ISO? Can it work on my 2007 (maybe 2008. I dunno.) Wii? It is already homebrewed, and currently on v4.3. And is it only for melee or any game?

That13thGuy

Smash Rookie
The link doesn't seem to work anymore, other tutorials use the exact same link :(
Does anyone know where I can download it?

Top Bottom