• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to find the memory addresses of character states?

ItsYaBoii

Smash Rookie
I'm using Dolphin Memory Engine which is a program like cheat engine for finding memory addresses.

I can find simple numbers on the screen but what is the search process for finding the characters states (walk, run, jump tech..etc)? thanks for any help

dude30500

Smash Cadet
I only have v1.02 so I dunno what to do for the other versions exactly. Anyways, If you want to find the IDs, in the Code tab, set a breakpoint on address 0x800693ac. Whenever a character enters a new action state the game will pause on that code automatically. That's the literal way people figured out each ID.

Now there should be a registers tab, which is all represent numbers being calculated. Register r4 should be the action state ID. I mainly do this to find the character specific action states. Another useful register is r31 which is the base address for "Char Data Offsets" which you can find ALL the other stuff related to the character like damage percent.

Now there is also a list of all the action states common to all characters. HERE! They have the IDs and functions called.

There is also a community symbol map https://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-community-symbol-map.426763/ which you can download to have some of the functions named.

Sorry if anything sounds confusing. It's easier than it looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom