• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to find out how Brawl will feel before you play it!

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
Hey my friend Shawn got a japanese Wii along with Brawl about 3 days ago and while he was telling me about it he told me the best way to compare its change to melee is with following steps:

1. Start up the Cube with the Holy Game: Melee
2. Go to training mode in Single Player
3. pick ur fav character (4 me Fox n Pika =P) and another character to fight.
4. Start the game at Hyrule Temple.
5. Put the game speed at x2.
6. Put the cpu on battle mode or if you have a m8 with you... have him play.
7. Fool around smashing,short hopping, teching and having fun on x2 speed for about 3-5 minutes.
8. when you done set the speed back to normal and start rotfl^^!

I think my m8 oover exaggerated cuz my first impression waz... Wow that sucks =P. Anyways please leave comments to clarify if he's just joking or its tru =P.

BRAWL FTW!

MMC

Smash Cadet
Hey man ill challenge you in brawl...I will send you a messege so i will know to stay in contact with you when i get brawl in 2 weeks

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL IN 2 WEEKS LOLOLOLOLOL!!!1!1!!!!ONE o.o but no seriously. if you havnt played it. dont listen to someone else.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Fr3nchD3vilDawg-

I like your style: Fox and Pika. Mine is the other way around though.
My main is Pikachu and second in command is Fox.

Anyways, I have heard that there is no real way to get ready/train/get a feel for Brawl unless you have it. Btw, I don't have it.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I don't have to try that to know it won't work. I'll just wait until it comes out.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
ya only two more weeks! Can't wait to whip out some metaknight skillz

and i honestly doubt that you're right Fr3nchD3vilDog....i dont think it will be right. I haven't played Brawl so i cant say for sure.

SmashNewb

Smash Rookie
melee is the lightning mode of brawl
brawl is not he slo-mo of melee

i played brawl for like 12 hours, than played melee for like 1 hour and was like wtf for the first 5 min

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lemme fix this for you.

Put in Melee.

Go to Special Melee.

Choose Slo-mo Melee.

Pick Luigi and fight Luigi.

You are now playing Brawl.

Myztek, I can see why youre saying this. Brawl wasnt what YOU expected, and you are very bitter about it. I remember the thread you made not too long ago.

People, dont let him bring you down, he's of the small minority that doesnt love the game. Most who play it, including many pros, say it's just what they wanted.

But I'll not get into this right now.

Melee isnt as fast as 2x in training. That wasnt a good comparison.

Anyway, Brawl is a different game, so it doesnt matter, Melee was vastly different from Smash 64, dont worry about these things.

Top Bottom