• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight MK's dittos?

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I have a serious issue with MK dittos. I usually have no problems playing people of the same level or lower level as me (is logical) but if they do MK's dittos the match goes SOOOO random, and i lose sometimes because of that.

I just don't know what's the best way to go. It looks like a scizzors-peper-stone match.

May you give me some tips please?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Use more, F-tilt, or F-tilt cancels into whatever. And use alot of grounded up+b. N-air to KO, and don't use tornado when it can be punished easily, only use it when you know your opponent can't block or dodge it. F-air, walk back, to F-tilt usually helps me alot. And I used to have the same problem too.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Prioritize your spacing. Use Dthrow to get follow-ups and Dair is really amazing. The same with Dtilt, Fair and Ftilt.

In short, space yourself well and use your fast and with good range(lol.) moves ^^

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
when you get smacked by nado, repeadtly press c stick down and you'll most likely dair them before the nado finishes.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Play mew2king for 99 stock
This is the best lol, but he is very far away from me

Thanks for the tips, i'm very good chasing with Dthrow and counterint nado but i usually use dtilt instead of ftilt. I will try to improve my spacing tih ftilt into cancels and also i will try to mix up dair and fair at the edge of their hitboxes. Thank you guys.

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, this match-up is all about who can space better and who has better mindgames.

Use lots of tilts

Superspright

Smash Lord
Actually, if I am not mistaken you may not want to get above metaknight. That seems like a stupid idea. His uair has less cooldown than his dair, he has a shuttle loop, rising nado, and other bull**** he can pull. I suggest you try to get underneath him, and exploit his ONLY weak side--which is beneath him. He has options, but they aren't even half as good as his options for people above him.

I know whenever I get beneath MK if I have a decent uair or decent options above me I am better off than being above him. But, I don't play the ditto really. I maybe have once. It was too annoying. Like everyone is saying--prioritize your spacing. You have the SAME character. So the determining factor is a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of character knowledge.

Judo777

Smash Master
It's because MK automatically wins against every other character of equal or lesser skill lvl

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
it only helps if you understand why he does what he does
he knows the counters (and the counters to the counters) to his tricks so if you copy him directly you are still screwed

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I often win to MK dittos. Mainly wait for the other to make the first hit and then copy his moves through out.
However if you don't shield enough you will be out very quickly.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
no......you were on the right track till you said copy
you cant sum it up easily meta dittos are actually very complex
Let me rephrase what I said.
ALWAYS! Let the competitor have the first hit.
If they are not too good with MK just copy and shield will work.
If they are good. SHEILD is your keyword just shield and avoid until there is an opening.
EX:After his drill rush he is left vulnerable that would be a good time to whack him.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lol I am pretty sure, no positive, you have no idea what you are talking about.

/dismissed

I consists of a lot of poking / spacing. D-tilt, Ftilt Fair's. Timly ground approaches. Killing with Nair.

Thats my 30 second explanation :)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Let me rephrase what I said.
ALWAYS! Let the competitor have the first hit.
LOL NO NO NO NO NEVER DO THIS! then they can camp and you have to approach which is a big disadvantage in meta dittos (when they know what they are doing)
If they are not too good with MK just copy and shield will work.
then you get predictable and get destroyed
If they are good. SHEILD is your keyword just shield and avoid until there is an opening.
sure shield works but a good mk doesnt attack your shield he wants to hit you after you have commited to something I.E. punish your attempted f-air or f-tilt with f-tilt of their own
EX:After his drill rush he is left vulnerable that would be a good time to whack him.

Why would they EVER drill rush? its only use is for recovery. even then everything one meta does can be countered by the opposing meta. Especially when edgeguarding
responses in bold

im sure your strat works against scrubz but that **** dont fly against any mk that knows the match-up

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MK dittos are easy in theory. They aren't really complex at all.

-Learn the sweetspots to stay in so you can edgeguard iwth up+b (below stage) or dair (above stage) or fair (way off stage)

-Don't get hit

-Whenever you commit an approach to a grounded MK, mash away on both control sticks to SDI out of their f-tilt if they choose to do so

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
In montana.
And what is that suppose to mean?
Another jerk that stereotypes Montanans as idiots. How clever!
I forgot to mention that if you are using the Wiimote/Nun-chuck combo like I do. It helps to make your up button the up smash and the down button the down smash. That way you can do more powerful moves quicker when there is an opening. And I just beat an MK ditto by 1 online and he was really good. So I would say my technique works.:chuckle:

Palpi

Smash Hero
MKownage, I would 50$ mm you in a MK ditto and I am hardly average at this game.

I don't care who you beat in a MK ditto, though the montana smash scene must be ****ing amazing........ ......

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
MKOwnage, have your tactics placed you well at large scale tournies? I'm not talking about Local ones with 30 people, I'm talking about tournies where you get alot of interstae travellers etc.

If they have, then you have a case.

If they haven't, then what you've said has no merit whatsoever.

Top Bottom