• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight Jigglypuff/Purin

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Well, aside from my saltiness and lack of self-esteem that's been going on....

I will admit, among ALL the "BUFF THE PUFF" memes going on about in Smash 4, you'd think someone like me can actually deal with Jigglypuff/Purin.

Sad thing is....I can't. Especially when I play with Falco, Jigglypuff/Purin is one of THE MOST difficult characters to actually fight for me. Players basically weave in-and-out with aerials and just rack up damage off of powerful reads and spacing, and I even fell for Rollout a few times too. This often leads to frequent kills on me due to my stupidity.

The most recent player I fought against even managed to read my roll by just continuously running one direction and then the other way and suddenly dash attacking me.

So yeah....I'm pretty stupid when it comes to dealing with what's arguably "the worst character in Smash 4 who really needs buffs".

Any ideas? : P

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Juggles, rolls, any kind of GOOD airspeed, good range, kill power.

Basically just be anybody. Also, shield a lot.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Jigglypuff relies on defensive play. She has no good approach and when she is forced to she breaks. If you can force Jigglypuff to approach all should be fine! Just shield and punish accordingly when she does. Be careful of tomahawking though! People have a misconception that tomahawking with puff is hard and uncommon but a lot of good puffs do it fine and they'll use it if they have to approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom