• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fight a ledge camping Villager?

Osumnis

Smash Rookie
This match up has been giving me a lot of trouble... I feel like they can just sit at the ledge and throw projectiles (lloyd, slingshot) and there isn't much I can do. Its probably the first matchup that feela near impossible for me. But, I've seen match up charts listing this as even or even an advantage for Kirby! So there's probably something I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

Last edited:

Osumnis

Smash Rookie
If I'm not up (which is typical), then I usually stand near the edge and look for openings or try to predict movement for a hit. I have tried ledge trumping before but it didn't really work out for me.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
I would say try not to challenge villager on the ledge too much unless you force them to regrab. Try to get pocket asap because it helps to put the matchup into Kirby's favor. Not sure if this applies to the ledge in particular but staying in Villager's face during a match and not allowing them space to set up their moves is super important. Getting worked up when they're in the lead and not giving yourself time or space to figure out how to approach the situation is never a good thing, since villager can only regrab the ledge once using dair is probably your best idea. Lloid is pretty easy to powershield and the slingshot can't hit you if you're coming from above. Baiting a reaction with your jumps would probably be a decent way to approach the situation too.

Hope this helps :happysheep:

Osumnis

Smash Rookie
Thank you! I will try to implement that stuff next time I play a Villager.

Top Bottom